DAY TWO: MORNING SESSION SUMMARY
GOFAMINT CONVENTION 2021
THEME: SUCCESSFUL CHRISTIAN LIVING
DAY TWO: MORNING SESSION
Moderator: Pastor Jacob Chatta
The session started with an opening prayer after which the Praise Team led the congregation into giving praises to the Lord who reigns forever.
Pastor J.K. Akinola was introduced by the moderator for the Morning Supplication.
TOPIC: This convention shall witness unusual harvest of miracles and testimonies
TEXT: Luke 5:17; Psalms 107:20;
- As we proceed in this meeting, every proceeding out of the mouth of the General Overseer shall bless us.
- We command open heavens; none shall leave without the touch of God.
The moderator introduced Pastor Lasbrey Uba (GOFAMINT C.O.G’s District Pastor) for the Faith Clinic session that came up immediately after the hymnals.
The choir led the hymn 214 (There shall be showers of blessings).
He started the session with a great worship song.
TOPIC: AT THE SCENT OF WATER
TEXT: Job 14:7-9;
- Don’t laugh at people because they’re passing through afflictions; They will RISE.
- If you lose everything, don’t loose GOD. He is the only resource that can make you recover.
- What God can not do does not exist.
- You might have lost all, don’t lose your FAITH.
- Water is the answer to every decay.
- Water represents the WORD OF GOD!
- The word of God is light
- If you’re not prepared you might not encounter the God of Jacob
- The word is a seed; when you speak, you plant a seed.
- Water represents the move of the spirit of God.
- Eat the word then speak to your life.
- If you’re not hungry for God, you will not encounter the Word.
- Every Joseph whose dreams are being doubted, before the end of today you’ll receive a call that will change your life.
- Today, your word will come.
- Your challenge will never escape the word and the spirit of God.
- Your life will be a center.
- Oh God! Give me fresh water for my ministry and life.
The Faith Clinic session was rounded up with a great prayer by the Deputy General Overseer (Pastor Dr. E.T. Oluwayemi). The moderator then called up people who had testimonies in the previous convention for thanksgiving.
Pastor Kunle Osota came forward to coordinate the collection of offering and the offering was blessed by Pastor Ewuola.
The Deputy General Overseer ushered in the presence of the General Overseer for the first teaching of the day. The audio introduction was played and the General Overseer mounted the podium.
TOPIC: WHO IS A CHRISTIAN?
TEXT: John 1:12; 1 John 5:11-13
- There’s nothing like “good Christian”, whatever makes you a Christian makes you a good person.
- When you’ve seen a Christian, you have seen a faithful, truthful and good person.
- It’s one thing to say “I am a Christian”, it is another thing to live like Christ
- The Christian is one who belongs to Christ by having a personal relationship with Him.
- Jesus is someone who we receive in our hearts and He remains there.
- A Christian who evolved from above and comes from God.
- When a Christian die, his soul continues to live. He changes address.
- If you’re saved, you will have the witness of the spirit.
- Before you can be saved, you MUST hear the gospel.
- A Christian is someone who follows Jesus.
- A Christian is Christ own person.
- A Christian is a person who is saved and has the assurance of salvation.
- Death for a Christian is a transition.
- A Christian is a disciple of Christ.
- God never blesses anyone who doesn’t obey the word of God, He blesses people who OBEY.
- When you tithe, you give to God and you’re going to get the reward from God.
- The Christian is a sojourner on earth.
- When we became born again, we are adopted into the family of God.
- The mark of discipleship is love.
- A Christian imitates Christ.
- You’re more blessed if you give to people who can not give back to you.
- Before doing thing, ask yourself if Jesus can do the same.
- If the whole world are Christians, there will be no prison yards.
BENEFITS OF BEING A CHRISTIAN
- By adoption: The Christian is placed on an equal right with Jesus. – Romans 8:14-16
CHARACTERISTICS OF A CHRISTIAN
- They have love: Love is a fruit of the spirit.
- A Christian imitates Christ
The General Overseer (Pastor Dr. E.O. Abina) shared the grace.
Glory to God!