GOFAMINT CONVENTION 2021
THEME: SUCCESSFUL CHRISTIAN LIVING
DAY THREE: MORNING SESSION
Moderator: Pastor (Barr.) Femi Odeyemi
Different from the other days so far, the morning session day three kick-started with an amazing worship session after which the moderator introduced the minister for that part of the morning session.
MINISTER: PASTOR MICHAEL O. ADEOGUN (A.G.O. – Special Duties)
MORNING SUPPLICATION: DIVINE INTERVENTION FOR CHRONIC AND PERSISTENT PROBLEMS
- For the fact that there’s nothing God cannot do, every persistent problem in my life is tackled in the name of Jesus.
- God will intervene in every problem in your life.
- Everything you’ve fasted and prayed upon; this year is your year.
The moderator came up immediately after the supplication and the congregation were led in hymns by the choir (GHB 203 – Be gone unbelief).
MINISTER: DR. J.J. UDOFA
TOPIC: CHANGING YOUR THINKING TO ATTRACT YOUR LIFTING
TEXT: Romans 12:1; John 3:16; 1:12; Habakkuk 2:4b; Gal. 3:11; Heb. 10:38; Mark 6:1-6; Acts 14:5-10; Mark 9:23; Hebrews 11:1;
- There’s no shortcut to success
- Grace is for whosoever wills.
- If you’re a Christian, you must not build your life on what you see but on the TRUTH.
- Live with the understanding that God works by principles
- When you key into the principles of God, you will be lifted up
- Personal faith brings about personal upliftment
- You can not live by sight; you can only live by faith.
- When your faith gets to the level of assurance, you’ll get your results.
- There’s no problem faith cannot solve
- Holiness, the Word of God, your confession makes and builds up your faith.
- The devil does not know what runs in your mind, he is not God. He acts on what you say.
- Faith is also driven by works.
- Wherever you are, as you hang on to the truth. The truth will bring deliverance to you
- Omoya Benson Adebowale (Imu Ekiti) – We have been seeking the face of God for the fruit of the womb since 1994, we had ectopic pregnancy. My wife is 55 years and I am 65 years. We attend the convention annually and always visits the power house to pray. God answered us in the convention 2018 with a bouncing baby boy. Glory to God!
- Pastor J.K. Awolumate (Agbado Assembly) – In January I was diagnosed with COVID-19, my wife is a health practitioner who works with LUTH. She was diagnosed of COVID first and she came home with it without her knowledge and later I began to see all symptoms of COVID, we exhausted 4 cylinders of oxygen. Some were even dragged-out dead, glory to God, He healed us miraculously and we are both alive and kicking by God’s grace. Halleluiah!
The service offering was given with dancing and cheerfulness after which the choir ushered in the GENERAL OVERSEER with their selection and the teaching (Chapter Two) started.
MINISTER: PASTOR (DR.) E.O. ABINA
TOPIC: THE CHRISTIAN AND PERSONAL DEVOTIONAL LIFE
TEXT: 2 Timothy 3:16 – 17; Romans 15:4; Isaiah 42:9; Psalm 1:3; Psalm 119:9;
- The best way to disciple people is to teach them devotion.
- If you want to grow, you must give yourself to personal devotion.
- The Bible is the word of God and also the mind of God.
- When you study the scriptures, note down your points.
- Books are written for information but the Bible was written for transformation.
- If you want to succeed in your Christian Life, the Bible must be your partner.
- Its one thing to read the Bible, its another thing to obey it.
- Obedience to the word of God will give you strength in your Christian Pilgrimage.
- If you read the Bible very well, you will know that there’s God.
- Putting the Bible as your pillow doesn’t take away anything happening in your life. The Bible should be in your heart.
- The Bible gives us a glance of what eternity will look like.
- The word of God makes you wise.
- When you read the word of God attentively, the Holy Spirit ministers to you and makes you understand it.
- Temptation is always around; you must always pray.
- Pray only in the name of Jesus.
- J- Joyfully, E- Expecting, S- Solution, U- Ultimately and S- Surprisingly.
- If you don’t have faith in what you say in prayer, you won’t get answers.
- Every command to pray is always accompanied with a promise to answer.
- Lord, help me to be a doer of your word.
- Lord, give me the grace to feed on your word like I feed on food.
The General Overseer said the benediction and the congregation was dispersed for long break.
We bless God for the success of the morning session.
GOFAMINT CONVENTION 2021
THEME: SUCCESSFUL CHRISTIAN LIVING
DAY THREE: EVENING SESSION
Moderator: Evang. S.S. ANYEBE
The evening session began with the convention theme song followed by a call to praise and worship God. The choir further led the church in hymnals (GHB 238). The service offering was coordinated and blessed by Evang. Daniel Akinsokan and the people of God gave their offerings with joy and dancing.
Evangelist Z.I. Ilori gave the missions’ report and the programme progressed.
The moderator came up after the reports and introduced the minister for the night and the minister mounted the podium immediately after the Choir Special Selection.
MINISTER: Pastor Peter Awodimila (A.G.O. Church Growth)
Topic: BEHOLD THE LAMB OF GOD
Text: John 1:29-31; Isaiah 53:5-7
His ministration began with a powerful worship session.
- Every time the lamb steps in, a change erupts.
- The moment the blood of the Lamb was shed, the presence of the Lord was invoked.
- The Lamb of God removed the curse brought upon men.
- We don’t need for another lamb; the original lamb has been slain.
- Freedom from sin, Satan, bondage is non-negotiable. The lamb has paid in full.
- What Jesus did was to wash sins away when you come to Him.
- If you’re blooming in sin and you haven’t fought it, it is capable of taking you to hell.
- What Jesus Christ did for us must not die with us.
QUALITIES OF THE LAMB OF GOD:
Symbolizes harmlessness, Holiness, Innocence, Undefiled, Softheartedness, Tenderness and Love, An Emblem of patience in suffering
A PERFECT TYPOLOGY:
That lamb the kind of lamb that Abraham saw when he had no lamb for sacrifice (Gen. 22).
THE MANIFEST PURPOSE OF THE LAMB
- To wash the sins of the world.
- To invoke freedom from sin.
THE INTRODUCTION OF THE LAMB:
- You don’t need to introduce men to Jesus, because he knows all men but you must introduce Jesus to men.
- God introduced Him.
- The Holy Spirit introduced Him when He was baptized.
- John the Baptist pointed at Jesus saying “Behold, the lamb of God”.
- John the Baptist saw his two disciples coming towards him and he looked at them and said the same thing “Behold, the lamb of God that took away the sin of the world”.
- Every lack in your life, receive divine supply
The evening session was concluded by a call to service by Pastor P. Awodimila and the Deputy General Overseer blessed the participants and later shared the grace.
We are Blessed!