GENERAL VIGIL: FRIDAY, 27TH JANUARY 2017
FOCUS: GREAT GRACE FOR OVERCOMING THE END TIME DANGERS
TEXTS: MATT. 24:1-14; I TIM. 4:1-3; II TIM. 3:1-9
INSIGHT FOR EFFECTIVE AND FERVENT PRAYERS
Jesus predicted that the end time shall be full of perils and predicaments. Hence, He instructed them on how to prepare for the “dangers” of the end time and what they could expect to experience and endure before they could be labeled overcomers or winners.
Going through the scriptures with a clear understanding and observing the contemporary happenings around the world of today, it is crystal clear that the end time is here.
Beloved of God, several challenges are facing the Church of Christ today, which are posing dangerous trends to the sound doctrines and teaching of the church.
Some of these challenges include:
v THE CHALLENGE OF DELAY IN RAPTURE: So many believers are becoming weak and discouraged because Christ delays His coming and the rapture of the saints tarry than their expectation. You will recall that the core of our messages over two to three decades ago was centered on Christ soon coming. This has caused several revivals in the land. Today, there is a paradigm shift and all manners of iniquities abound because the love of many have waxed cold. People seem tired of waiting and hoping.
v THE CHALLENGE OF THE REMOVAL OF THE ANCIENT LANDMARK: This is another reason why the dangers are so serious. There are a lot of compromises.
v THE CHALLENGE OF INSUFFICIENT OIL IN THE LAMP: Many are at ease in Zion, they have become wearied and weak; hence, slumbering and sleeping are rampant. There is little or no oil in the lamp.
v THE CHALLENGE OF EASY BELIEVISM: This is what we call the gospel of it doesn’t matter. Today, the Church looks like the Church but live like the world because of the dangerous gospel of it doesn’t matter.
THE RESULTS OF THESE CHALLENGES
Nothing happens in the world without a cause. It is these challenges that constitute dangers to the body of Christ today. It should be noted that in Christ’s discourse with His disciples in the gospel of saint Matthew chapter 24, two events were referred to, these are the coming of Christ and the end of the age.
Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?” (Matt. 24:3).
Really, these two events are yet to take place, therefore, according to the Lord, what we now see and describe as dangers are the necessities that must happen before those two great events take place.
Summarily, the dangers and the signs of the end time includes the following:
v Love of money
v Spiritual apostacy
v Cultism and occultic practices in the Church
v Persecution of the saints by the world
v Persecution of the saints by the saints
v Moral laxity and decadence
v Marital infidelity.
v Technological advancement.
v Ignorance-lack of adequate knowledge of the word of God.
- When will the end time begin and end? ________________________________________________
- Critically examine the points listed above and say whether you agree or disagree with any of them.____________________________________________
- How does each of them affects the Church and individual member or believer?_________________________________________________
- Do they have any effect on the world at large and the society we live in? if Yes, how?____________________________________________
- Is there anything the Church can do to stop them or reduce the effects? If Yes, mention them.____________________________________________
- Is there anything that each member and the minister can do to stop them? Mention them.___________________________________________
- Today, critically examine yourself and your family, are you a victim or a victor of the end’s time dangers?
- How will you rate your Church both at local, district or national as far as their dangers are concerned?
LET US PRAY
- PRAY FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY THAT:
- The Lord will deliver you from end time dangers.
- The Spirit of God will help you to overcome all the signs and symptoms of these dangers.
- The fire of God will purge and purify you and your family from moral and spiritual pollution.
- The grace and power to know the truth, defend the truth and stand for the truth will be given to you.
- The Almighty God will establish you and your family on righteousness and none of you shall be a victim of these dangers.
- None of you will go back to the world but the Holy Spirit will help you to continue the race until Christ returns.
- God will help you to remain pure, blameless and rapturable in Jesus name.
- Raise other prayer points as the Spirit leads and guides.
- PRAY FOR THE CHURCH-GOFAMINT THAT:
- The Holy Spirit will begin a revival again in every local assembly and it will cut across the Mission.
- That the Spirit of worldliness will be driven out of the Church.
- That the Lord will deliver the Church from demons of materialism and the love of the world.
- Every power that promotes the gospel of it doesn’t matter and moral compromise shall be destroyed.
- The fire of Holy Spirit shall chase out the spirit of marital infidelity, divorce and separation from the Church.
- The cultists and everybody that is using occultic power or charms will be exposed and expelled by the Holy Spirit.
- GOFAMINT will not backslide nor compromise in Jesus name.
- Other prayer points as led by the Spirit.
- PRAY FOR THE YOUTHS IN THE CHURCH AS THE HOLY SPIRIT LEADS AND DIRECTS.
- PRAY FOR THE GOFAMINT LEADERS: G.O., D.G.O., G.S, G.E, A.G.O., A.G.S., DDF, DDA, AGEs, RPs, DPs, APs ETC. AS THE HOLY SPIRIT GUIDES.
- PRAY FOR ALL PASTORS AND OTHER MINISTERS AS THE HOLY SPIRIT LEADS.
- PRAY SPECIALLY FOR ALL WOMEN AND WOMEN LEADERS AS THE SPIRIT LEADS.
- PRAY FOR THE CHURCH UNIVERSAL AND THE CHURCH IN NIGERIA