Day 3: 23rd January 2017.
Focus: MARVELLOUS HELP: THE DANIEL STORY
Text: Daniel 1:8-15; 9:2-22
Another character in the bible who affected many prayer lives the most, other than Jesus was Daniel. I just love how he operated in victory at Babylon. He was truly “in the world, but not part of it.” He was disciplined, sensitive, consistent, uncompromising, bold, supernatural, attentive to the past, but always pressing toward God’s expected end for the people of Israel.
He understood how prophecy was important in our prayer lives. He knew we had to use the prophecies spoken, to war for our future! Take, for example, the situation when Jeremiah prophesied that the people of Israel would go into captivity, but would be released in 70 years. Daniel uncovered the prophetic writings of Jeremiah while Israel was still held captive in Babylon. He learned that Jerusalem would remain desolate for 70 years, and that 70-years period had now come to an end.
Due to Jeremiah’s prophetic declaration, Daniel knew that it was time for him to act. Jeremiah’s understanding of the future had turned into a “now” word for Daniel. So, Daniel did four specific things to bring an end to Israel’s captivity. Let us discuss them as below.
- He prayed and fasted. Jeremiah was specific in saying that the Lord would turn a deaf ear to His people for 70 years. Now, however, Daniel knew that the ”kairos” time had come to an end. He supported the Lord for an end to captivity. How do you connect with God’s marvelous help immediately you sense God’s timing is in your favour? Discuss this with Psalm 102:13 and Eccl 9:11.
- He repented of sin and his people. Daniel confessed and repented not only for his own sin, but for the sins, iniquities, and failures of the Israelites that resulted in their captivity in the first place. How does the spirit of true repentance like Daniel did procure God’s marvelous help and favour? Use 2 Chronicles 7:14..
- He received an angelic visitation. God honoured Daniel’s efforts and sent His archangel, Michael. After three weeks of prayer, fasting, and repentance, an angel appeared to Daniel to tell him what was written in the “Book of the Future.” In other words, he told Daniel what would happen to his people. God’s Visitation leads to His Habitation with us, and also for our Transformation. This brings help and favour to us in God’s timing, called the ‘kairos’ time, for He makes all things beautiful in His time. (Eccl. 3:11)
- He received revelation of the future. Because of Jeremiah’s prophecy, Daniel understood the times in which he was living. Because he understood the times, he saw his window of opportunity and began to seek the Lord with great fervency. When he did, he gained an understanding of the future God had for his people, and through obedience to God’s commands, could move them forward, out of their captivity. Receiving revelations is God’s marvelous help because when revelation comes to us, it gives us the wisdom to rule our days. (Psalms 19:2). Those who enjoy divine revelations have the command of their brethren. (1 Chr. 12:32)
Let us pray
- Heavenly Father, surround me with Your shield of love and protection.
- Have compassion and mercy on me oh King of Kings for my sins, wash them all with the precious blood of Jesus.
- I bind all principalities and powers that are gathered to cloud my judgment, and I sentence them in the name of Jesus. (Isaiah 54:17)
- Oh Lord, drive away any evil powers that are gathered to bring chaos and confusion into my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Father destroy any plans that the Devil may have devised against me in order to bring destruction into my life, in the Mighty name of Jesus.
- Oh Lord, lead me in the right path and show me what to do concerning every situation in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Strengthen me O Lord, to successfully pass through my trying period, and like Joseph, help me to turn my test to testimony, disappointments to divine appointments and stumbling blocks to stepping stones, in the name of Jesus.
- Guide and protect me each and every day of my life, in the name of Jesus.
- I acknowledge that I cannot do it on my own Lord, help me and bear me on eagles’ wings to my land of opportunity. (Exod. 19:4)
- I need You to take total charge of my life, in the name of Jesus.
- I welcome You my Lord to take control of every area of my life, my destiny, my health, my family, my job, my career and my finances.
- I surrender every area in my life to You and give You praise for who You are and what You have done for me.
- Let the blood of Jesus minister defeat to every evil work in my life in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, fill me with the spirit of excellence and anoint me for purposeful living above my fellow (Daniel 6:37)
- O Lord, as You delivered Daniel from the mouth of lions, give me marvellous help that will deliver me from the lions of this world and make me a strong witness to Your name.
- I bind the staying power of any problem by the blood. Remain bound in Jesus name.
- I hold the blood of Jesus against spirits, witches or demonic delay against my miracles in Jesus name.
- Begin to worship God because God will make Himself more real and known to you through these prayers and greater testimonies will follow.
- Praise God that through these emerging testimonies, many people will come to know the Lord through you.