SUMMARY – DAY TWO (MORNING SESSION)
The Amazing Grace convention day two started with a musical prelude from the Glorious voices of the GOFAMINT choir.
The General Moderator (Pastor C.O. Abe) informed the congregation about a prayer session that will hold by 7:30am through till 8:00am every morning of the convention. He further led the congregation into the first phase of the prayers.
TEXT: 2 Cor. 12:9
- Anything a man will become in life is by the Grace of God
- If you have the grace of God, you will be great.
- It is the grace of God that will strengthen one.
The General Moderator introduced the Moderator for Day Two (Pastor Gabriel Egbeyemi – RP, Region 9).
The Choir further led the congregation into a powerful Praise & Worship after which Evang. P. Adaramola (N.E. Region 1) came up for the morning supplication with the text taken from Acts 19:9-12.
Song from the Congregational Hymn 419 (Grace, Thy grace alone…).
Evang. Richard Usenu took the Morning Tonic.
TOPIC: I AM CRUCIFIED WITH CHRIST
TEXT: GAL 2:20
- Overcoming the greatest problem of the Christian faith
- Analysis of the context of the text and revealing the Christian faith
- The crucified life manifesting Christ likeness.
I am crucified with Christ. An expression of a true defender of the Gospel of Grace and the church of God, the true confession of a believer must be that of an overcomer, to be truly identified and surrendered to Christ. Someone who is fully committed to live for Christ by faith of the Son of God.
- OVERCOMING THE GREATEST PROBLEM OF MANKIND
I am crucified with Christ: This is the foundation of faith in Christ. Until a believer is crucified with Christ he will experience defeat and failure. Romans 7:18
The greatest enemy of the Christian faith is wrong doing and wrong being.
Salvation solves the problem of wrong doing while Sanctification solves the problem of wrong being.
Self is destroying, disobedient, rebellious and sinful.
- It doesn’t accept correction and recommendation.
- It vindicates itself and it is very defensive
- It is the old man in the bible
I am crucified with Christ it is a language and confession of the true believer. The tragedy is that some believers have not gotten complete victory over sin.
Christianity is the Gospel of Grace with the cross.
- ANALYSIS OF THE CONTEXT OF THE TEXT AND REVEALING THE CHRISTIAN FAITH
A crucified life is a focused life, a fixed and resolute of doing God’s will
Evidences of being crucified with Christ:
- Power – Power to separate from the world, to conquer the works of the flesh, to pull off the old man and power to ignore sinful self.
- Being crucified sin will be absent
- Rest in God
- Personal spiritual growth
Galatians 5:24; Romans 6:6
“If you don’t know Christ, you cannot be crucified.”
Pastor Sunday Adu concluded the session with a word of prayer and Pastor Ogunyomi anchored the thanksgiving session for those who got answers to their prayers at the last convention.
Introduction of participants by Regional, National and non-members levels: was done by Pastor J. Chatta – He prayed and welcomed them to the convention 2022.
The Choir ushered in the General Overseer (Pastor (Dr.) E.O. Abina) for the first teaching of the convention.
TOPIC: GOD’S GRACE IN THE CREATION AND THE FALL
TEXT: GENESIS 1
He began the teaching by singing the song “…Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be accepted unto you Oh Lord!
- The word of God told us who we are, where we came from and to emphasize that we are not animals.
- That God created man in his image doesn’t mean that he has ten fingers like humans, God is God.
- To give the history of your father is impossible because he is greater than you.
- In God’s creation, it is only man that has the likeness of God.
- It is good to have opportunity, but we need to know that every opportunity comes responsibility.
TWO TYPES OF DEATH
- Physical: Separation from the body.
- Spiritual: Separation from God.
In conclusion, Baba sang “falala falala, monjolaoluwa falala…” which means “bountifully bountifully, I’m enjoying the grace of God bountifully…”
The General Overseer closed the morning session with the Grace and the congregation were dispersed for a long break.