SUMMARY – DAY THREE (EVENING SESSION) – MISSIONS NIGHT
The evening session kicked off with an amazing session of praise and worship led by the graciously filled with authority praise team. The congregational hymn was taken from the G.H.B. 37 after which Pastor Taiwo Olaiya read the scriptures (Ephesians 3:1 – End).
Sessions of reports were given from Evang. Z.I. Ilori and Pastor Okomolehin.
The congregation were beseeched that they should support the work of the mission because that is the commission of God to us.
The Main message of the night kicked off immediately after an amazing session of rendition from the Choir followed by “Imole de oooooooo, Okunkun parada.” Which means, “Light is here, darkness disappears….”
Minister: Pastor Sunday Adu
Main Message – THE GREAT CLAIM; THE GREAT COMMISSION; THE GREAT COMFORT (THE TRIAD OF SUCCESSFUL MISSION)
Text: Matthew 28:16-20
• There are always two sets of people in every meeting; The worshippers and the Doubters.
• The great commission rested on the great verdict that all authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Jesus.
• At the great commission, Jesus exercised authority and not power
• Those who have power should not trivialize those who have authority. Goliath has power but David has authority. Power always bows to Authority.
• Authority always throngs power.
• Without walking in divine authority, you can’t function in the great commission.
• Losing in the realm of the spirit is a great loss; You can be winning in the physical while you’re leaking in the spirit.
• The reason the believers are scared is because they are not aware of their authority
• You can have power without authority but you cannot have authority without power.
• You will never know authority until you get to the field.
• You don’t know your worth until you face goliath.
• The moment we start going we start dying
• The way to influence people is going.
• Never jettison foreign missions for home missions.
• To keep going we have to keep giving
• Commission to go: The church grows when the church becomes effective in visitation.
• Commission to Disciple: Every institution is known by its products. The product of the church is not anything the world could produce. The crisis of the church is the crisis of products. Crisis is a revealer. Disciples don’t react; They act like the Master. A disciple is under the authority of the Holy Spirit.
• The kingdom of God is not where you defend yourself; If your caller cannot defend you, leave the ministry.
• Never descend so low to allow people who are imperfect to defend you.
• When you begin to defend anybody in the body of God; You’re trespassing. You are doing God’s job for Him.
• The problem the word of God cannot solve does not exist.
• There is no mortal man without agenda.
• If the Holy Spirit cannot restrict you, you are going wild.
• God’s righteousness is not social justice.
• In the kingdom of God, we don’t protest.
• Make disciples that are not moved by emotions but by the spirit of God.
The congregation burst into a realm of energetic and firetic prayer session without being prompted to. For the first time in the history of the convention – people ran out without being prompted, prayed aggressively, gave cheerfully in millions and LIT everywhere with the Authority we have as believers through the amazing grace of our Lord Jesus Christ!