FROM THE GENERAL OVERSEER,
Pastor (Dr) E. O. Abina
ONLY ONE WAY
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me” (John 14:6).
When the Lord Jesus told His disciples that they should not let their heart be troubled because He was going back to heaven to prepare a place for them in those many mansions, it appeared that the disciples were disturbed, and unhappy about His imminent departure. He told them that He would come back and take them to Himself “that where I am, there you may be also”. Then Thomas, one of the disciples asked Him, “Lord, we know not where you are going, and how can we know the way?” It was then the Lord Jesus made the profound and thought provoking declaration, “I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me”. Wonderful! Three things Jesus said He is are in the statements enumerated below:
- The Way- that is there is no other way to God, heaven and the kingdom of God “except through Me” Jesus declared. This may surprise us but there is nothing surprising in it because it was Jesus who paid the penalty of our sins. He died the death we deserved for the sins we committed. You may ask, what about other religious leaders and their religions? Religions do not save; they are only man’s efforts to please God by their own righteousness but the word of God has already declared that, “all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags” (Isa. 64:6b) What does a holy God have to do with filthy rags? Filthy rags can never, never get to His presence. No religion can save no matter how popular that religion is, it cannot take it’s devotees to God and His kingdom. Believe you me!
- The Truth – that is God’s truth. What God says is what Jesus says, which means that if you argue against what Jesus says, you are saying God is a liar, and the Bible says “… That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie…” Heb.6:18. God is the only true God… Jn. 14:3. Jesus is referred to in Rev. 3:7 as “he that is true, faithful and true witness in vs. 14, He is called faithful and true in Rev. 19:11.
- The Life– this life is eternal life which God planned for man at the time of creation. That means to live forever and not to die. Jesus declared to Martha… “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this? She said to Him, “Yes Lord, I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world”. (Jn.11:25-27). Reader, please if you have not been saved to have this eternal life, now is the right time for you to accept and receive Jesus into your life by believing and repenting from your sin and your sinful lifestyle before it is too late. Tomorrow may be too late for you to do this. Today is yours, but tomorrow is God’s. You don’t know what comes tomorrow, whether you will still be alive or not. Just give your entire life to Jesus today and continue with Him. Join a true Bible -based church that preaches the true word of God without mixture.
For you believers called Christians, the very point that this message emphasizes here is that since there is no other way to God except through Jesus; it is your compulsory responsibility to preach the gospel and win souls to the kingdom of God, so that you may not be an unprofitable servant who will be judged with penalty. Do this and it shall be well with you. (read Luke 12:47-38)
- Thank God for sending Jesus into this world to reconcile us to Him.
- Thank God for your own salvation if you have been saved.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit will enlighten the mind of people of other religions that Jesus is the only way to God as we all preach the gospel to them.