FROM THE GENERAL OVERSEER,
Pastor (Dr) E. O. Abina
Sunday 10rd July, 2016.
“See how very much our heavenly Father loves us, for he allows us to be called his children—think of it—and we really are! But since most people don’t know God, naturally they don’t understand that we are his children. Yes, dear friends, we are already God’s children, right now, and we can’t even imagine what it is going to be like later on. But we do know this, that when he comes we will be like him, as a result of seeing him as he really is. And everyone who really believes this will try to stay pure because Christ is pure” 1 John 3:1-3 Living Bible (TLB).
How many of you are children of God, how did you become children of God? Do you deserve to be called the children of God?. What qualifies you to be called a child of God?—-GRACE. You will all agree with me that none of us merits to be called a child of God.
1 Pet. 2: 9&10 say: “But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy”.
Grace is unmerited favour. Someone has suggested that there are different types of Grace.
I will only focus on two, saving grace and provisional Grace. There are some people who are beneficiaries of these types of Grace in the bible. Let me mention a few.
1. Noah. The Grace of God delivered him from destruction by the flood: You will obtain. The favour of God that will save you from destruction in JESUS name
2. Abraham. God called him out from a family that worshiped idols and made him a blessing to the world: PROPHESY – God will make you a blessing to your family and to this generation in JESUS name.
3. David. Through the Grace of God, David was raised above his brethren: PROPHESY – You will be promoted above your peers and colleagues in Jesus name.
4. Joseph: The Grace of God connected him to the helpers of destiny and brought him to the palace. PROPHESY – The Grace of God will connect you and promote you in Jesus name.
5. Esther. God’s favour made her to be preferred above the other women in the beauty contest even though she was among the captives and an orphan. PROPHESY – Like Esther you will obtain favour in difficult places. Protocols will be bypassed to favour you In the mighty name of Jesus. etc
(1) The grace of God will speak for you in all your life’s endeavour in Jesus name.
(2) Protocols will be bypassed to favour you in Jesus name.
(3) The grace of God will connect and promote you beyond your widest imaginations in Jesus name.