FRIDAY 30TH JANUARY 2015
FOCUS: ANOINTING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT FOR AN
TEXT: Psalm 89:20-36.
The greatest heritage of believers in Christ is the presence and personality of the Holy Spirit with us. He is with us with the fullness of God’s blessings for our benefits. God, the Father has His throne and dwelling place in heaven and is invisible to human beings. God, the Son has left the earth, now sitting at the right hand of the Father in heaven, interceding for us. The personality of the Holy Spirit is now on earth with the Church for our sake. This is as good as having God, the Father and God, the Son with us here. The Holy Spirit has all divine resources at His disposal meant to make our lives what it should be.
The anointing is one of the greatest blessing we get from the Holy Spirit when we receive Him. What exactly is the anointing, some may be asking? The anointing is the divine ability released upon a person to carry out divine functions. It is the one that activates and releases the blessings in the spirit realm into human lives. That is why you see different results when different people pray. The anointing makes the difference. Look at the lives of the men of God in the Bible and see all the exploits performed by each and every one of them. Those were the manifestations of the anointing. “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, for the Lord has anointed me to preach the glad tidings to the meek; he has sent me to bind up the broken hearted, to set to the captive free and the opening of the prison to them that are bound” (Isa. 61:1).
The good things we desire to see happening in our lives and midst can only happen when we begin to function with the unction. All the miracles that our Lord Jesus Christ performed while He was here on earth was as the result of the anointing. “How God anointed Jesus Christ of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and power: who went about doing good and healing all those that are oppressed of the devil; for God was with Him” (Acts 10:38). The word “Christ” which is one of our Lord’s name means, “the anointed”.
There is a big difference between an anointed and non-anointed person. “Saying, touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm” (Psalm 105:15). An anointed person is in a special class in the spirit realm. No wonder the demons said: “Jesus we know, Paul we know, who are you?” That is the distinction between the two types of people in the spirit realm, the victim and the victor. You should not just assume that you are anointed, you must endeavor and be sure you are. That is the purpose of our prayers today.
POINTS FOR DISCUSSION
- Lets discuss generally the role and essence of the Holy Spirit in the Church. (Zech. 4:6).
- Let us cite the examples of men of God in the Bible and discuss the role of the anointing upon their lives and ministries.
- Let us also discuss the role of the anointing of the Holy Spirit upon some people in our contemporary world.
- What can we say about the anointing vis-a-vis the spiritual and numerical growth of our Church?
- Read Acts 13:1-12 and discuss the importance of fasting and prayer in receiving the anointing.
- Do we think we have enough of anointed men and women in GOFAMINT? If no, what can we do to have more of them?
- Do you think it is good and proper for you as a believer, not to have a strong impact of the anointing? The ball is in your court!
LET US PRAY
- Dear Father, we thank You for the Holy Spirit You gave us as the greatest gift to the Church.
- Lord Jesus, thank You for sending the Holy Spirit to us as Your able representative.
- Holy Spirit, we thank You, because You are here with us in the Church and that You are ready to visit our lives in a new way.
- Holy Spirit, You are the one who quickens, flesh profits nothing, therefore come over and take over in our lives today in Jesus name.
- Your presence in our lives is inevitable, please have Your way in our lives.
- We want to move from non-entity to celebrity in the spirit realm, dear Holy Spirit, release Your anointing upon us to that effect in Jesus name.
- To activate all the dormant blessings in the spirit realm, Holy Spirit, release Your anointing upon our lives.
- The anointing to rule over every circumstance, release it upon us, o Lord.
- The anointing to move from being a victim to a victor, release it on us in Jesus name.
- The anointing to break barriers and yokes standing against our growth and expansion, release it upon us in Jesus name.
- Dear Lord, I need that particular and special anointing called: “touch not”, release it upon me and every member of my family in Jesus name.
- Let the anointing be available and be functioning for the benefit of all and sundry in this Church in Jesus name.
- We command the anointing of the Holy Spirit to break every yoke upon every member of this Church in Jesus name.
- Dear Lord, release Your overflowing anointing upon all our ministers today in Jesus name.
- We ask and receive the anointing to overcome all “ Sambalats and Tobiahs” around us in Jesus name.
- We ask and receive the anointing to tread upon “serpents and scorpions” on behalf of all our brothers and sisters in Jesus name.
- We ask, receive and release the unction to function properly in all areas of operation for all GOFAMINT members world-wide in Jesus name.
- We need a new wave and new experience of Your power, o dear Holy Spirit, move upon our lives now!
- Electrify our lives and Churches with the current of the anointing and let us not remain ordinary again, o Lord.