FAMILY VIGIL DAY 2
FAMILY VIGIL DAY 2
MONDAY JANUARY 12, 2015
(DEVELOPING THE STARS IN OUR HOMES – PART II)
FOCUS: MANTLE TO CROSS OUR JORDAN, GREAT GRACE FOR
POSSESSING OUR POSSESSIONS
TEXTS: 2 Kings 2:8, 2:13-14
INSIGHT FOR EFFECTIVE PRAYERS OF THE DAY
II Kings 2:8: And Elijah took his mantle and wrapt it together and smote the waters and they were divided hither and thither, so that they two went over on dry ground.
II Kings 2:13: He took up also the mantle of Elijah that fell from him and went back and stood by the bank of Jordan;
II Kings 2:14: And he took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him and smote the waters and said, Where is the LORD God of Elijah? and when he also had smitten the waters, they parted hither and thither: and Elisha went over.
Everyone of us has a Jordan of life to cross at one point or the other. Without the mantle, crossing such Jordan may become a mirage. By the mantle, Elijah crossed the Jordan and also Elisha took the same mantle after Elijah departed and with it, he crossed the river.
What is Jordan in your life-major hurdle to cross in order to reach your promised land? May be you are stuck in a particular undertaking, what you need is a mantle. Are you finding it difficult to make progress in life, all you need is the anointing of God. With the mantle, you can never be stranded in any affair of life. For you to possess your possessions in this wicked and demonically led world, you need a special grace incubated by the anointing of the Holy Spirit.
The place of the anointing can never be over-emphasised in the affairs of men. You need it to overcome shame and ridicule. Elisha would have been ridiculed by the sons of the prophet and even the entire society who watched him when he was following his master on the day of his departure but he knew if he could get hold of the mantle, no mountain nor any Jordan can stand against his destiny.
Are people asking you where is your God? Is your ministry at the verge of ridicule? Are you stagnated or frustrated, not knowing where to turn to for solution? Ask for the mantle from the Holy Spirit, it is all you need to overcome the challenges of life.
Our young stars in our homes need the mantle to cross over in life and not just the title. The Scriptures say that “the gift of a man maketh room for him” (Prov. 18:16) and also, Apostle Paul charged Timothy to stir up the gifts of God in Him (2 Tim. 1:6)
In this prayer session, we must pray that every member of our home will live a life of excellence and be outstanding in their generation through the anointing of the Holy Spirit and godly living (Daniel 6:1-3).
- What can you regard as your own River Jordan in this family? Remember that for Elijah and Elisha they needed to cross it for their destiny. Each person should mention what is his/her Jordan is. In this prayer session you will receive the mantle to cross over in Jesus Name.
- Israel needed to posses their possessions in Canaan. Again, River Jordan stood as the barrier. The Lord gave Joshua the mantle of holiness and unity to cross over (Joshua 3:5, 12-13). Why do you think these characteristics are important to crossing over? Discuss in your family what needs to be done to possess your own mantle. You must take action during this prayer session against anything that will be negative to your crossing.
- Today, among others that the Holy Spirit may fashion for us, His anointing upon us is our main mantle. As you clear all the obstacles to the anointing on your way, you receive the mantle. Hence, discuss the obstacles that must be removed before the anointing can come upon you.
- Now begin to list the challenges facing every member of your family that is making people to ask “where is your God?” The Lord God who magnified Joshua in the sight of all Israel (Joshua 3:7) will surely magnify you above those challenges as you apply the mantle in holiness, exercising your authority with faith.
LET US PRAY
- O Lord, make me a reference point of Your divine blessings in the mighty name of Jesus.
- By the grace of God, I shall rise above limitations in the mighty name of Jesus.
- I shall never get stuck over any issue of life in the mighty name of Jesus.
- O Lord, connect me with those who will be a blessing to my life in the mighty name of Jesus.
- By the grace of God, I shall not be a borrower but a lender in the mighty name of Jesus.
- O Lord, frustrate every power assigned to wreck havoc against my destiny in the mighty name of Jesus.
- O Lord, let all evil words spoken consciously and unconsciously against my destiny die in Jesus’ name.
- I receive great grace to possess all my possessions in the land of the living in the mighty name of Jesus.
- I break the yoke of failure in every affair of my life in the mighty name of Jesus.
- O Lord, let the star of my home shine for all to see in the mighty name of Jesus.
- By the grace of God, I receive the key to prosperity and success for my family in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Oh Lord, deliver me from forces of vision – killers in Jesus’ name.
- Oh Lord, reveal to me the distracters of my family’s destiny and deliver us from them all.
- Lord, give me and my family victory over discouragement.
- I receive the grace to finish my race gloriously.
- Oh Lord, reveal to me and help me to overcome anything that is taking away my attention or focus from God-given purpose for my family.
- I shall live to have a footprint in the sand of time in Jesus’ name.
- Oh Lord, turn the counsel of Ahitophel to foolishness in my life and family.
- Let my glory shine forth oh Lord, in the midst of darkness.
- Turn the weakness of my family to strength O, Lord. Cause us to triumph in every home battle.
- Let Your beauty be upon me oh Lord and establish the work of my hands.
- Oh Lord, let not Your investment upon my life be a loss in Jesus’ name.
- Make my family an eternal excellence oh Lord and a joy of many generations.
- O Lord, fill my heart with Your Spirit in the mighty name of Jesus’ Christ.
- Anointing to cross my ‘Jordan’ I receive today in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- I command every barrier to my breakthrough to give way in the mighty name of Jesus’ Christ.
- Despite every opposition, my family and I shall surely get to our promised land in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- Every power of frustration against my destiny shall fail in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.