MESSAGE BY: PASTOR (DR) E. O ABINA
TOPIC: GOD’S FAITHFULLNESS FOR HIS WORDS AND PROMISES
- He is able to do and to perform what He has promised.
- He has resources to fulfill whatever He has promised.
- Num. 23 vs 20; God sticks to His promises and His words.
- 1king 6; the promises of God never fail or change because He keeps to His promises and words.
- Rom 4 vs 20-21/ Abraham was strengthened in faith through the promises of God in his life which later came to pass over his life. (waiting patiently, you will get His promises and it will be materialized) “Never be in haste”
Have faith in His words and promises; believe in God’s word and promises. The ability of God’s plan and promises are standard and sure. Our God is also unlimited.
Two types of God promises despite the differences it will surely come to pass.
- Popular promises Ish 3 vs 10
- Unpopular promises Ish 3 vs 11
- Ish 66 vs 2; always reference His word because He dwell in His words ish 55 vs 10-11
- There is no word of God that is inferior.
- God’s promises are for His children not for people who are not in His family. (Born into the family of God).
- Not for wicked or sinners who has not genuinely repent. Psm 50 vs 16-21
- Believing and receiving Jesus as your Lord. Jhn 1 vs 12-13
- Genuinely repent and turn from your sinful way before you can see his mercy. Act 3 vs 19
- God recognizes you as his own person; 1pet. 2 vs 9-10 to have entitlement to his possession.
- You are expected to live above the world. (perfect man) 2cor 6 vs 14-18
- Faithful to his word. (obey his word). Matt 7 vs 21; Jam 1 vs 22-25
Conclusion: you need faith to be a benefactor of the promises from His word.