DAY 6: WEDNESDAY 7TH, JANUARY 2015
DAY 6: WEDNESDAY 7TH, JANUARY 2015
FOCUS: EXCERSING DOMINION OVER EVIL LORDS
TEXTS: ISA. 26:3-13; JUDGES 14:4; NEH. 9:36-37; PS. 19:13;
I JOHN 4:4; LUKE 10:19
INSIGHT FOR EFFECTIVE PRAYERS OF THE DAY
In the beginning, God created mankind for dominion. He never wished His children whom He created in His own image and for His glory to be dominated by anything else. Although, when man fell in the Garden of Eden, man suffered a great loss. But God in His mercy lifted us for dominion in Christ. Therefore, in Christ, all genuine Christians have power over the devil; they have power to bind, cast out demons and destroy works of the devil. Yes, believers have power over the devil and demons. Believers are ambassadors of the kingdom of God (II Cor. 5:20). They are servants of the living God (Rom. 6:22). They are sons and daughters of God (II Cor. 6:18). They are heirs and joints heirs with Christ (Rom. 8:17). Ideally, God’s children are indestructible and undefeatable, so are we in this world (1John 4: 17). The devil and his followers are destined or fitted to be subject unto all true believers through the name of Jesus Christ (Luke 10:17).
Jesus, the Captain of our faith said to us, His followers: “Behold, I give unto you power to tread upon serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy; and nothing shall by any means hurt you” (Luke 10:19). We have power and authority over all forces of evil. Christians have dominion over evil spirits because of what Christ had done for us, done in us and our position in Him.
Similarly, Jesus confesses in Luke 10:18 the defeat of the devil, He said, “I saw the devil, falling as lightning to the earth”. Jesus saw the power of Satan broken and his works destroyed. We can stop the devil and his agents, for the Bible says, “when the enemy (the devil) shall come in like a flood against us, the Spirit of God shall lift up a standard against him” (Isa. 59:19). We believers are truly fitted to dominate evil lords. We are not ordinary people. We are covered with the blood of Jesus. We are filled with the Holy Spirit. The word of God dwells in our hearts. We have the name of Jesus on our lips. The angels of God are mandated to protect us. We have our fellow brethren to pray for us or stand in the gap. We are truly fitted for dominion. We are more than conquerors!
Sadly, that is not the experience of many believers of today, like the children of Israel, many Of believers are being dominated by other Lords beside God. This is bad and so sad. Why should covenant people cry? “O Lord our God, other lords beside Thee have had dominion over us; by Thee only we will make mention of Thy name” (Isa. 26:13). This was the confession and resolution of the children of Israel when they recalled their experience whilst in Babylonian captivity because of their iniquity (Ezek. 39:23). The Jewish in Babylon were terribly afflicted and dominated. They had knelt at the shrines of many false gods and were ruled by various powerful rulers among gentile nations. But God had mercy on them and delivered them from those lords. They were miraculously restored to their promised land. Then, they started singing the song of victory to the Lord when the dominion of their enemies was broken over them.
At present, many Christians are under the dominion of different kinds of evil Lords. Indeed, many Lords are ruling over many souls today. This denotes whatever the soul loves most. That is his Lord in disguise; the deity of that life. What is the chief love of your soul? To some people, the chief lord of their souls is money. Others are worldliness, frivolity, doubt, immorality, pleasure, fear, unforgiving spirit, bitterness, talkativeness and anger?
You must be free from every evil lord dominating you and your family. You must be delivered from the distraction and dominion of evil masters. Let your life be under the rule of the only true God. This is the right rule, the rule of Peace, growth and freedom.
LET US PRAY
- O Lord, help me to always walk in love and live in dominion all the days of my life.
- O Lord, I gain total victory and dominion over evil Lords.
- O Lord, forgive my negligence in not exercising the authority and dominion given me over the devil, demons and his agents as expected of me.
- O Lord, I stand in my liberty as a child of God, as a joint heir with Christ and in the name of Jesus Christ to dispossess the devil of all his claims or grips over my life.
- O Lord, I confess in the name of Jesus, that I have dominion over all evil lords and all the works of the devil.
- O Lord, because I have dominion over the devils, I will tread upon serpents and scorpions and nothing shall by any means hurt me.
- O Lord, overthrow all activities of evil Lords in my life and family.
- O Lord, turn every evil Lord that has gained mastery over me in any form to a victim, subjugated his power in Jesus’ name.
- Read: I Kings 20:1-7 and I Kings 20:31-33. O Lord, in Your great mercy, just as You turned the great Ben-hadad to a great loser and a terrible victim of Ahab; turn every roaring evil lord fighting against my destiny and family to a terrible loser (from Thus saith Ben-hadad the king (v1) to thy servant, Ben-hadad (v 32).
- By my dominion in Christ, I declare and decree in the name of Jesus that I am unconquerable, Unbeatable and undevourable (Esther 6:13).
- Lord of hosts, cause all the evil Lords to always bow before me in all situations(Daniel 2:46).
- Personal Prayer points for the day (Ps. 6:9).
- Corporate intercession for the day: As determined by the Pastor.
- Ministration for the day as determined by the Pastor.