DAY 30: FRIDAY
31ST JANUARY 2014
FOCUS: ENTERING INTO AN ERA OF REST, ABUNDANCE AND VICTORY THROUGH THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
TEXT: I Kings 4:19, 5:4
INSIGHT FOR EFFECTIVE PRAYING
Life generally is a battlefield. Success and good things of life are not achieved on a platter of gold. However, people do achieve success and the desire of their hearts after serious of concerted efforts, especially if it those actions are taken in the right direction. David, during his life time, was engaged in serious and protracted battles to establish the Kingdom of Israel. By the time he finished his tenure and his son Solomon was enthroned, all the enemies of Israel within and without had been subdued. Consequently, Solomon had peace and prosperity during his own reign. All he did during his own time was to consolidate and build on the foundations his father had laid. This, he did well, to a point, because he requested for divine wisdom which was granted unto him.
Many of us have been engaged in warfare in different areas of our lives. Once again as a Church, for this year, we have been on this fasting and prayer exercise for the past thirty days. The Holy Spirit has also given us divine wisdom with which we shall build and consolidate on the victory that we have achieved during this victory month and it shall be well with us throughout the year. We can be sure that the Holy Spirit has taken over and He is leading and taking us into our land of rest, abundance and victory. Let us match forward this year by faith, with Christ; victory is sure!
LET US PRAY
1. Thank You Lord, for helping us to pray through for our breakthrough this year.
2. Thank You dear Father, because all obstacles have been turned to stepping stones during this victory month prayer.
3. Thank You specially, Holy Spirit, for guiding us in our prayers and for taking over in our lives in a new way for absolute victory.
4. According to Your word, we have sown in tears, dear Lord, it is time for us to reap with joy in Jesus name.
5. Dear Father, let not this year’s fasting and prayer exercise be in vain in the lives of each and every participant in Jesus name.
6. Usher us into the era of rest, prosperity and victory in Jesus name.
7. Whatever instrument of evil the enemy had been using before against our welfare, we destroy them totally and put an end to their functions in our lives in Jesus’ name.
8. Any effort been contemplated by the enemy to reverse the victory we have obtained during this victory month to backfire in Jesus’ name.
9. Dear Lord, grant me divine wisdom to build on the foundation of the blessings that this year’s victory month has brought for me.
10. Anoint our heads with oil of blessing and let our cups run over.
11. Let there be a significant change in the affairs of my life for better and move me to higher ground in Jesus’ name.
12. I declare today that I gain total victory and I enter into total rest in the name of Jesus Christ.
13. We decree and declare peace to reign in every GOFAMINT family, blessings upon every business, growth upon every assembly and promotion upon every life in Jesus’ name.
14. As for me and my family, we will serve You with all our possession in Jesus’ name.
15. I promise You Lord, that I will not turn away from You and I will not deviate from Your way all the days of my life.
16. Father, I praise You today and I promise to praise You all the days of my life because You are worthy to be praised and glorified in Jesus’ name.
(Sing songs of praises and thanksgiving to the Lord for all He has done for us).
VICTORY MONTH 2014
FRIDAY 31ST JANUARY 2014
FOCUS: TRUE, FULL AND MANIFOLD MANIFESTATIONS OF SPIRITUAL GIFTS AMONG US (I CorINTHIANS 12:4-14)
Gifts of the Holy Spirit are the main instruments ordained by God to grow the Church. The availability of the gifts in the lives of the members and workers of the Church will make the job easy and sweet with positive results while its absence results in hardship and sweat; leading to frustration. What else do we think that we need to grow the Church and expand the kingdom? Knowledge, wisdom, doctrine, eloquence, zeal etc. All these, as good as they may be, cannot give us results. They can only be supplements to the main instrument which are the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Show me a Church that is having a true growth and success without manipulation, then I will show you a Church where the gifts of the Holy Spirit is operational. There is no alternative. All our efforts to get people to come to the Church in greater numbers like doing evangelism, visitation etc. will not achieve the desired results unless the Church is equipped with the gifts of the Holy Spirit. The Bible is very emphatic about this, unless we want to deceive ourselves. The pertinent question is, what do we do if we want our Church to grow and expand? The simple answer is: let us seek to be equipped with the power and the gifts of the Holy Spirit (Hosea 4:6; Acts 1:8; Mal. 3:8; Joel 2:28-30). The fear of counterfeit and negative manifestation of some gifts of the Holy Spirit is not tenable as a reason for disallowing the original gifts to manifest and operate in the Church. The Bible tells us to overcome evil with good, not vice versa. For the avoidance of doubt, the leadership of our Church does not discriminate against the manifestation of any of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. All they are concerned about is to be sure that it is genuine and not demonic or manipulative. Let us all surrender ourselves and allow the Holy Spirit to release any of His gifts upon our lives for the glory of God and the benefit of the body of Christ.
Points for discussion
1. What role did the manifestation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit played in the lives and ministries of the early Church ministers and members?
2. Which of the nine gifts of the Holy Spirit are truly manifesting in our own Church today and how can we improve on the present level?
3. How does an individual member of the Church knows, his/her gifts, develop same and use it for the advantage of the Church?
4. Mention the nine gifts of the Holy Spirit and discuss the importance of each of them.
5. In what way do you think we can encourage or discourage the manifestation of the gifts?
6. What can we do to prevent the abuse or wrong use of the gifts as well as demonic manifestations instead of genuine gifts in the Church? You can also analyze the excesses in the operations of the gifts as being done in some other denominations.
7. In a practical way, what do you think we can do in the right way in GOFAMINT assemblies to make use of the gifts to grow our Church?
8. What advice, encouragement and help can we give to individuals, especially the youths who have or desire to have some of these gifts?
Let us pray
1. Acts 1:8, We want the power and the gifts of the Holy Spirit, in our lives and Church, let it come upon us today in a definite form, oh Lord.
2. We decree total elimination of all demonic spirit, power and influence in and around us in Jesus’ name.
3. Holy Spirit, we realize that we are in a dry land and we are thirsty for the water of life, send down the showers upon us, oh Lord.
4. We present our lives ready as empty vessels for You, fill us with Your power to the full, oh Lord.
5. We confess that it is not by our power or our might but by Your Spirit; Holy Spirit, have Your way in our lives.
6. We want to fulfill destiny as individuals and as a Church and we need Your power to do this. Holy Spirit, we are desperate for Your presence, power and gifts, release them upon us.
7. Release Your gifts upon our lives and make us instruments of honor for Your glory, oh Lord.
8. Give us oh Lord, the different gifts suitable for the life of each of us for Your glory and the blessing of the Church in Jesus’ name.
9. Whatever is in our lives which is not compatible with the abiding presence of the Holy Spirit, remove them oh Lord.
10. Because our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit, have Your way and possess us and make maximum use of us in Jesus’ name.
11. Whoever among you, having certain gifts before but have lost them, let there be restoration of the lost gifts today in Jesus’ name.
12. Raise up dynamic ministers among us for Your glory and the progress of the Church in Jesus’ name.
13. As You are blessing us with the gifts of the Holy Spirit, let the fruits of the spirit increase in our lives oh Lord, that we may lead God pleasing lives as we work for You.
Anointed ministers should invite those who are yet to receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit to be prayed for to receive the power and the gifts of the Holy Spirit.