DAY 29: FRIDAY 30TH, JANUARY 2015
FOCUS: GOD’S WILL, A TASK THAT MUST BE DONE
TEXTS: II COR. 10:3-6; HEB. 10:7
INSIGHT FOR EFFECTIVE PRAYERS OF THE DAY
When teaching in the popular Lord’s prayer in Mathew chapter 6, The Lord said, “Thy will be done on earth as it is done in heaven” (Matt. 6:10). We are all very familiar with this Bible phrase but many of us know very little about its import, hence our attitude and approach to it is very low, casual and cold. We do not know that it is the essence and anchor of Christianity. Your attitude to this topic shows whether or not you have anything to do with Christ and the kingdom. The will of God in your life is the template by which you can rightly measure your faith in God. Your attitude and commitment to the will of God says everything about your faith. Jesus said to His Father at the Gethsemane garden, “Not as I will but as thou wilt” (Matt. 26:39). Paul in his own said: “for necessity is laid upon me…” (I Cor. 9:16). How serious are you about the will of God?
Let us examine a scripture which summarizes the subject. “Thou art worthy oh Lord, to receive glory, honour and power, for thou hast created all things and for thy pleasure they are and were created” (Rev. 4:11). Everything in our lives and in our world were all created by God and for His pleasure (His will).
Like Paul, doing God’s will should not be a probability but a necessity. Before and during this Victory Month prayer exercise, we have all tendered thousands if not millions of petitions before God for Him to do what we wanted for us. Little did we know that God also has His own set of petitions placed before us. That is, His will, The way we are passionate about begging God to fulfil our will is the same way God is passionate in begging us also to do His own will. Many Christians are not bothered whether they please God or displease Him. How then do we say we are God’s children? Brothers and sisters, How committed are you, how concerned are you and how passionate are you about the will of God?
For our information, the greatest enemy to fight are not demons directly, our greatest enemy is the inability to do the will of God. That is what our scriptural reading today in II Cor. 10:3-6 tells us. Inability to do God’s will is the strongest stronghold facing Christians on earth. When we overcome it, all other problems and the enemies hiding under them will crumble like a pack of cards.
Few examples of the will of God
- Give your heart to God.
- Submit yourself as a living sacrifice (Rom. 12:1-2).
- Be sanctified and abstain from sin (1Thess. 4:3).
- Read and meditate in the word of God day and night (Jos. 1:8).
- Pray without ceasing (I Thess. 5:17).
- Seek the kingdom of God and His righteousness (Matt. 6:33).
- Forsake not the assembly of brethren (Heb. 10:25).
- Pay your tithe and offering (Mal. 3:10).
- Love the Lord your God with your heart, soul and strength (Deut. 6:5).
- Love your neighbour as yourself.
- Love your enemy and bless those who curse you (Matt. 5:44).
- Husbands, love your wives; wives, obey your husbands (Eph. 5:22).
- Be filled with the spirit (Eph. 5:18).
- Preach the gospel in season and out of season (II Tim. 4:2).
- Provide for the needy (James 1:27).
- Rejoice in the Lord always, rejoice (Phil. 4:4).
The list is endless. The clarion call today is to commit ourselves to seek and to do the will of God.
LET US PRAY
- My lifetime, I will give You all my lifetime…
- Thank You Lord, for all You have done for us individually and collectively.
- Forgive me Lord, for my failure to do Your will perfectly and satisfactorily.
- Forgive us Lord, in all areas in which we have broken Your heart by not doing Your will.
- Help me and strengthen me to do all Your will as revealed in the scriptures.
- Fill me with the spirit and power to love You and be totally committed to Your will.
- John 4:34, Like Jesus, help me to make Your will and Your work my food in Jesus name.
- Lord heal every deficiency and strengthen weakness that are hindering Your perfect will in my life.
- Help me not to look at men in doing God’s will but that my life will be a model for others to emulate in Jesus name.
- Graduate me from permissive will to Your perfect will, oh dear Father.
- Dear Father, help me to spend the remaining days of my life to make You happy, never to sadden You again.
- Lord, help GOFAMINT that Your will shall not slack or be left undone among our membership in Jesus name.
- Dear Lord, let there be a holy competition in doing Your will and Your work among us in this Church.
- Help us to use in full; our time, energy and resources to serve You and fulfil, Your divine purpose in Jesus name
- Lord, what is it that You want me to do for Your glory, for my Church and my community, tell me, that I may do it in Your name and for Your glory.
- Dear Lord, help me to know and to do what You want me to do when You want me to do it, how You want me to do it and exactly where You want me to do it, no matter the cost.
- What is the “Isaac” in my life that You want me to sacrifice to You like Abraham, tell me, I will give it to You Lord.
- Release the fire of Your love in my heart, that I may not rest until I do Your will in full, oh dear Lord.
- John 21:15-17, Baptise me with the spirit of Your love that I may be deeply committed to doing Your will and the work You want me to do.
- Take my life and let it be Consecrated, Lord, to Thee, Take my moments and my days, Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Special ministration: People who are determined to rededicate them-selves to do God’s will should come before the altar.