DAY 25: MONDAY 26TH, JANUARY 2015
FOCUS: NIGERIA: TOTAL SUCCESS OF ALL ELECTIONS IN 2015 AND VICTORY OVER ALL EVIL GROUPS
TEXTS: PSALM 11:3; 122:6-8; ISAIAH 62:6-7; EZEKIEL 22:30
INSIGHT FOR EFFECTIVE PRAYERS OF THE DAY
Nigeria occupies a strategic position in the agenda of God for countries in Africa and the world at large. No wonder the phrase “Giant of Africa”. It is no gainsaying to say Nigeria is a country which God delights to bless when one considers the numerous natural resources that are divinely deposited in Nigeria soil.
God’s eternal love for Nigeria is unique. He places prime value on the survival of this country as a road map towards world evangelism, beginning with neighbouring countries in Africa. It goes without saying that no country can thrive in an atmosphere of instability, political unrest and chaos.
As Nigeria prepares for another litmus test of democracy through the ballot box, we own it a responsibility to pray for the success of all elections in 2015. Let us decree that those elections would reinforce Christ’s dominion over the sovereignty of Nigeria and renew love among the citizenry, irrespective of tribal background or religion affiliations
LET US PRAY
- Thank You Lord, for holding this country together, despite internal wranglings, aggressions and other forces that are threatening the unity of this country on daily basis.
- Thank You gracious Father for the relative peace in the country, which beats the imagination of discordant elements within and without.
- Heavenly Father, we are grateful for the quick eradication of endemic disease (Ebola) that would have alienated and isolated the citizenry.
- Blessed Redeemer, thank You for saving our souls from famine, providing for our daily needs and causing rain to fall in due season.
- Lord, we humble ourselves before You and confess our multifarious sins: (i) shedding of innocent blood (ii) lack of concern for the fatherless and the widows (iii) manipulation of political machinery to intimate opposition and oppress innocent citizens (iv) bribery and corruption to obtain undue favouritism (v) money laundering (vi) embezzlement of public fund meant to provide utility (vii) perversion of justice (viii) distortion of gospel truth by modern day preachers. We ask for Your forgiveness and cleansing through the precious blood of Jesus.
- Lord, the survival of Nigeria hinges on election of God-fearing people into elective posts, let Your will prevail over human manipulation of election results in Jesus name.
- O Lord, deliver Nigeria from the second enslavement. Every power that wants to use religion sentiments to obtain undue favour in 2015 election is destroyed in Jesus name.
- Lord, in Your sovereign power, intervene in the primary elections of political parties and pick candidates of Your choice in Jesus name.
- Heavenly Father, guide Independent Electoral Commission (INEC) with wisdom to take the right decision that would enhance credible elections in 2015 in Jesus name.
- Lord, let the outcome of 2015 elections enthrone Justice and righteousness in Nigeria
- Lord by Your power, expose all sponsorship of “Boko Haram” and other agents of destabilization in Nigeria. Speedily bring them to justice in Jesus name.
- Lord, frustrate all counsels of the wicked over 2015 elections. Lead all stakeholders by Your Spirit in Jesus name.
- Heavenly Father, sanitize all security agents that are being deployed for 2015 elections; deliver them from the bondage of corruption, tribalism and partisanship in Jesus name.
- Lord, cripple the activities of all saboteurs who have been assigned to cause confusion and stampede during 2015 elections in Jesus name.
- Gracious Lord, let there be all-round success in 2015 elections, peace and prosperity in all nooks and crannies of Nigeria in Jesus name.