DAY 21: THURSDAY 22ND, JANUARY 2015
FOCUS: OUTPOURING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT FOR OUR GLORIOUS REVIVAL AND SUPERNATURAL RESULTS
TEXTS: HEB. 2:4, ACTS 1:8, DEUT. 11:14, ZECH.10:1
INSIGHT FOR EFFECTIVE PRAYERS OF THE DAY
Heb. 2:4: God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders and with divers miracles and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?
Acts 1:8: But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem and in all Judea and in Samaria and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Without the Holy Ghost, there can’t be revival; revival by the Holy Ghost is such that can bring true transformation and leaves an indelible mark in the lives of people. The truth is that the Church needs a glorious revival this end time. A lot of things are happening in the Christendom, many giants are falling and the standing trees are bending. We need the Holy Spirit more than ever before in order to achieve supernatural results in all evangelistic programmes of the Church.
If we must leave a footprint in the sand of time, the only way we could do that is by the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. Today, the salvation of many workers in the Church is doubtful. “We see no more our signs”; supernatural manifestations have become a thing of the past in our congregations;
Lukewarmness is a common occurrence in our services; no more zeal to preach the gospel; people do not feel condemned any more, even when their sins and unrighteousness are uncovered.
For us to experience the “acts of the Apostles in our midst again”, we need the outpouring of the Holy Spirit for revival.
The apostles and apostolic people of the first century ministered with heavy anointing of the Holy Spirit, coached believing to establish their spiritual ministry and directed the move of God in their spiritual offices to accomplish the Great Commission. God’s work must be done in the realm of anointing – a supernatural enabling power of the Holy Spirit – to achieve the results that God wants. With the anointing, you can do the works of Jesus and even greater works!
The apostles in the early Church had a global perspective for spiritual ministry. They viewed ministry with concerns of seeing all people coming to salvation. Christians today, must look at the whole world from an apostolic viewpoint, kindling on the wave of the Holy Spirit to capture the global harvest of souls.
To accomplish the Great Commission worldwide and quickly, we need to return to the spiritual infrastructure that God has designed for His Church in order to operate on spiritual gifts that will host the manifestation of the Holy Spirit.
LET US PRAY
- O Lord, give us a new touch from heaven in the mighty name of Jesus.
- O Lord, light a new flame in our hearts in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, enlarge our vision and open our spiritual eyes in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, let us truly live and work for You and Your kingdom in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, give us more hunger for You in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Help us O Lord, to live by Your Word every day of our lives in the name of Jesus.
- Take us deeper and deeper in Your love day by day in the name of Jesus.
- Father Lord, open our spiritual blindness in the name of Jesus.
- As a child of God, I refuse to follow the voice of a stranger in the mighty name of Jesus.
- O Lord, give us the heart of flesh to obey You every day of our lives in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Deliver Your Church o Lord, from spiritual slumber in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Let there be a repeat of Pentecost in all our assemblies, in the name of Jesus.
- Fear of God; possess my heart in the mighty name of Jesus.
- I uproot every root of sin and pride in my life in the name of Jesus.
- I command every anti-revival spirit in my life, bow now in the name of Jesus.
- My prayer altar, receive fresh fire in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let the spirit of Holiness possess our hearts, beginning from today in Jesus’ name.
- Father, let our spiritual understanding be always open in the name of Jesus.
- I disown everything in my life that is pushing me into error in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Make our faith stronger and deeper, in the mighty name of Jesus.
- O Lord, give us the showers of rain at this season, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
- Cause our Churches o Lord, to flourish with the souls of men, in Jesus’ name.
- O Lord, remove dryness in the life of our ministers and their ministries.
- Back us O Lord with miracles, as we go on witnessing for You.
- O Lord, pour down upon us again as the former and latter rain to do signs and wonders as You promised in Joel 2:23-30.
- Let our wilderness become a fruitful field and our fruitful field a forest.
- As the apostles of old subdued their then known world by the anointing of the Holy Spirit, Let Your spirit guide us in GOFAMINT to all the continents of the world.
- By the Holy Spirit, let the word of God come forth to the ends of the earth as Rhema, changing our world to God’s will.
- Lord, as You used Philip in Samaria and there was great joy (Acts 8:8), let our ministers be filled with the Holy Spirit for signs and wonders.