DAY 2: SUNDAY, 3RD JANUARY 2016
DAY 2: SUNDAY, 3RD JANUARY 2016
FOCUS: POWER FOR LIVING ABOVE SIN IN A SINFULWORLD
TEXT: I JOHN 3:1-10; ROM 6:1-23
INSIGHT FOR FRUITFUL PRAYER
“Whoever commits sin, also commits lawlessness and sin is lawlessness (I jn 3:4).
“He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the son of God was manifested that He might destroy the works of the devil” ( I Jn 3:8).
Sin is a principal enemy every child of God must fight and win. It is a monster that maims, kills and destroys spiritual giants and turns them to dwarfs. That is why it is imperative and pertinent for all Christians to practically deal with this issue of sin and gain total victory over it.
The manifestation of sin in believer’s lives is an indication that the purpose of Christ’s coming to die on the cross, has not been fully achieved. Christ actually came to this world to take away over sins, save us from our sins, and destroy the works of the devil (I john 3:5; Mt: 1;21; Jn 1:29). Since Christ came to take away our sins, if we still have them, it is a proof we have not truly repented and renounced them. The truth is that no one who lives in Him keeps sinning, no one who sins has seen him or know him and anyone who does what is sinful is of the devil. So, the sinner –male or female, rich or poor, young or old, educated or illiterate, Ced or un Ced; outrightly belongs to the devil. He takes his character from the evil one (Jn 8:44; I Jn 3:6,8).
The true believer cannot sin deliberately, easily, knowingly, or habitually because the seed or nature of God is in him and he is born of God. You cannot have the nature of God, the word of God, the spirit of God and the holiness of God in you and continue living in sin (I John 3:9-10).
Nevertheless, in the C today, sin is so common among both members and ministers. Mention any kind of sin- marital infidelity, fornication, tax-invasion, rebellion, disobedience, cultism, drug abuse, drug trafficking, election rigging, examination malpractices, smoking, drunkenness etc. They are found in the household of God, the pillar of truth and righteousness!
LET US PRAY
- Create in me oh God, the deepest craving for righteousness and holiness in Jesus name
- Let the deep root of sin in me be uprooted by the power of your word in Jesus name. (John17:17)
- Circumcise my heart Oh God, and help me to love what you love and hate what you hate.
- I receive the grace to live above sin in Jesus name
- Sin shall not have dominion over me in Jesus name
- Give me the inner strength, in the pursuit of holiness in my life in Jesus name.
- Let there be prevalence of the spirit of righteousness in my life, family and C in Jesus name
- Destroy the spirit and power behind backbiting, gossiping and slandering in your C, Oh Lord .
- Let my life and conduct reflect the glory, goodness and grace of God.
- Fill my heart, life, family and C with the love of God in Jesus name.
- Release upon us the fruits of meekness, joy and gentleness in Jesus name.
- Let the power of your word and the Holy Spirit, change and transform our lives and character in Jesus name