DAY 2: FRIDAY 3RD JANUARY 2014
DAY 2: FRIDAY
3RD JANUARY 2014
TEXT: MATTHEW 6:9-13
FOCUS: HOLY SPIRIT, PURIFY MY HEART AND SANCTIFY ME
AS YOUR DWELLING PLACE
INSIGHT FOR EFFECTIVE PRAYING
In the Lord’s prayer, Jesus enumerated to us prayer formula out of which He
taught us to ask for forgiveness.
Matt. 6:9-13 “After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as [it is] in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever”. Amen.
The Reason for this is because our prayer destination is unto the Holy God and for our prayer to reach God, we need purity of heart.
God is Holy and Merciful
(Lev. 11:44) “For I [am] the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I [am] holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth”.
(Rev. 3:7) “And to the angel of the Church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;…”
Anybody praying with dirty heart, thinking he can bribe God and have his way is making a fool of himself.
Someone may say, I have no condemnation in my heart but can you withstand the holiness of God? Hence we need purification.
God is interested in having His abode in us, this can only happen, when we submit ourselves to purification; through the blood of Jesus.
When He (God) is resident in us, our prayers will become hot line prayers and we will enjoy father son or daughter relationship, no more intermediary. We will commune with God alone but Holiness should be our lifestyle as children of God.
Don’t feel too big to humble yourself for cleansing.
Don’t hide any known sin, for nothing is hidden from God.
Don’t feel unforgiven, His blood is sufficient for your purification.
LET US PRAY
Start this prayer with Hymn 300 (vs. 2).
We cannot hide our sins from Thee,
All are known unto Thee,
We lie and we deceive ourselves,
To think He knew them not.
1. God, You are holy; l am a dirty sinner, please forgive me all my shortcomings through the blood of Jesus.
2. Father, forgive me the sin committed against my fellow human being.
3. Forgive me the sin of not giving to your work either my tithe, offering and vow as expected.
4. Forgive my poor response to the need of my family.
5. Forgive and purify my heart through the blood of Jesus.
6. Whatever is capable of hindering my prayer, Father, forgive me in Jesus name.
7. Father, give me victory over the flesh, sin and the world.
8. Father, Son and the Holy Spirit, purify my heart and make Your abode in me.
9. I humbly request that all my supplications be met with open heavens in Jesus precious name.
10. Power to remain holy unto God; Holy Spirit endow me in Jesus’ name.