DAY 16: SUNDAY, 17TH JANUARY 2016
FOCUS: GOFAMINT AND HER MEMBERS TO GO FORWARD
TEXT: EXOD. 14:13-16
INSIGHT FOR EFFECTIVE PRAYER
Today’s topic is a command, an order as well as a prophecy. “Go forward”. To start with, God never made human being to be stagnant in life, either spiritually or physically. He is meant to be making progress each passing day. When one is stagnant, something is wrong somewhere. This may be individuals, communities, etc.
In the case of the Israelites in our passage today, the red sea, was the stumbling block and obstacle on their journey to the Promised Land. An order to move forward came from a higher authority than the obstacle which was the red sea. Before you know it the sea caved in and road appeared in-between for God’s children to go forward.
Whatever be the sea, the mountains, the hills, and the rivers constituting themselves as obstacles on the way of your progress, the order is also coming from the highest authority today. God says, “GO FORWARD!” All obstacles begin to give way today as we stretch forth our rod forward which is the name of Jesus (Phil. 2:9-11). The loudest announcement and the most authoritative statement that one can make on earth is to pray in the name of Jesus Christ.
LET US PRAY
- Thank you, dear Lord for calling me and sending me to go and serve you, I declare that I am ready and willing to go and serve the Lord in Jesus name.
- I have left the spiritual Egypt which is the world of sin and evil; I will never go back in Jesus name.
- God says I should move forward, I am moving forward now and forever in Jesus name.
- I stretch forth my rod of authority which is the name of Jesus and I command every obstacle on my way to destiny fulfillment, give way in Jesus name.
- Spirit of backsliding and backwardness, we bind and cast you out of our lives and Church in Jesus name.
- Spirit of stagnancy, I rebuke, bind and destroy you in the name of Jesus.
- You spirit of weariness, faithlessness and fear we bind you and cast you out of our lives in Jesus name.
- Spirit of complaints, rumour-mongerings and accusations, get out of our midst in Jesus name.
- All principalities and power that have followed us thus far in our Christian journey; we decree your paralysis in Jesus name.
- You hosts of Egypt that we see today, we shall see you no more in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Every shackle and chain used to tie anyone of us down in a spot to prevent progress, we command them to break into pieces in Jesus name.
- We decree and confirm our absolute victory over all powers of the enemy, militating against our progress and success in Jesus name.
- We invoke the spirit of progress upon our lives in Jesus name.
- From today henceforth, no GOFAMINT member shall remain stagnant again in Jesus name.
MINISTRATION FOR THE FOLLOWING GROUPS
- Students who need progress in their education
- Unmarried youths of marriageable age who want to get married
- Business men and women who desire progress in their business
- Those who are due for promotion and are being denied of it
- Those who desire spiritual and ministerial progress
- Those who need power to get wealth and want to expand or enlarge their coast.