DAY 16: SATURDAY 17TH, JANUARY 2015
FOCUS: WALKING IN LOVE AS OF OLD IN GOFAMINT
TEXTS: JOHN 13:34-35, 15:9-10, 12, 17; ROM. 12:10, 13:8; GAL. 5:6,18
INSIGHT FOR EFFECTIVE PRAYERS OF THE DAY
The focus for today’s prayer reveal to us that GOFAMINT of old walked in love, they preached love by their actions and daily living. As at then, anybody who newly joined the Church was fascinated by her intimate love in addition to the word of God. (Phil. 5:7, 1John 3:11, 17,18, 4:7-8).
The love then, was contagious; you can’t come to GOFAMINT once without being affected. The love shown to you the first day would propel you to have another visit.
How do they practice love then?
It was purely the love of Christ and not because of your tribe, wealth, position or age. Nobody cares for the place you come from, it was irrelevant. The love was strong enough to win other people living with a new convert, be it a husband, wife or younger brothers and sisters. It was a popular saying then that “the Church that visit a person like you, I will follow you there, the Church that stand by you during your child naming, I will follow you there”. Persecuted believers did enjoy good caring and full support of the Church, many of them were sent to school learnt a trade until they became self dependent. They practiced balance love in that they loved God and man. GOFAMINT’s love to God then knew no bound. This meant in their daily schedules, they had time to serve God who gave them ample opportunities to attend Bible study, Gospel service, crusade, prayer meeting and workers’ weekly meeting, Sunday morning and evening services. You cannot separate them from the word; they knew the word and lived the life. Many people flocked into GOFAMINT when they saw love demonstrated to them from members of the Church. No reason to doubt any member because they all showcase genuine love. Upon this solid foundation GOFAMINT was built!.
LET US PRAY
- God, forgive us for not walking in love as of old.
- Forgive us for the setback we have brought to the Church through lack of love.
- O God, filled us with genuine love of Christ.
- Help us Father, to love sinners and bring them to the saving knowledge of Christ.
- Help us Father, to love beyond our tribal boundaries and limitations.
- Help us to love the brethren without restriction, we beseech You dear Lord.
- Help us to love and trust fellow believers has becoming of saint In Christ.
- Help us to love and help the poor and the less privileged according to Your injuction.
- Help us to love and remember the widows. (James 1:27).
- Help us to love You and give our time to serve You. (Matt. 6:33).
- Help us to love You and do the work of evangelism.
- Help us to bring back the real love You are expecting from us.
- Help us to love the unlovable, following in Your full steps.
- Give us the power to stand in the gap for each other in all situations.
15. In Jesus’ name, the love of Christ, like of old, come back to GOFAMINT. DAY 17