DAY 14: THURSDAY 15TH, JANUARY 2015
FOCUS: WE ARE FOR SIGNS AND WONDERS (MAKING THE MIRACULOUS
A NORMAL OCCURRENCE IN OUR MIDST)
TEXTS: PSALM 89:20-34.
INSIGHT FOR EFFECTIVE PRAYERS OF THE DAY
There are always two sides to any issue of life; positive and negative, right and left, front and back, blessing or cursing etc. There are also two things one can get from God, goodness or punishment. While punishment is reserved for the disobedient, goodness and mercy is prepared for those who obey and believe Jesus Christ, His Son. Deuteronomy 28 verses 1-14 shows the blessing of obedience and verse 15-end shows us the repercussion of disobedience.
When we give our lives to Jesus Christ, we automatically enter into a covenant of goodness with God. Prior to that time, man has been subjected to various hardships and harassments due to our sins. However, Jesus came to suffer and die on the cross to deliver us from sin, sickness and poverty; with which our lives were being ruled hitherto. The new covenant He instituted is meant to deliver us from all forms of curses and usher us into the realm of blessings (Gal. 3:14). It was in the light of this that Isaiah 8:18 said “behold, I and the children the Lord has given me, we are for signs and wonders”.
Many of us are very familiar with the miracles, signs and wonders which Jesus did while He was here on earth but what we were not aware of is that those miracles were meant to be replicated in our lives on daily basis. He actually told His disciples that those miracles will increase after His departure. Believers, over the ages who learnt to que into this provision have been experiencing His miracles. As a believer, you are entitled to God’s miraculous intervention in all areas of life. From sickness to finances, business to provision and spiritual to material. That is why there is a provision for prayer in the Bible for us. “Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on earth by the space of three years and six months. And he prayed again and the heaven gave rain and the earth brought forth her fruit” (James 5:17-18). “Call unto me and I will answer thee and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not” ( Jer. 33:3). What a privilege we have to take everything to God in prayers. Thank God, we are now in Victory month prayer season. It is an opportunity to enter into the realm of miraculous. Prayer in the name of Jesus is the greatest force on earth. Whatever be your need or challenge, turn it to God in prayers, miracles will follow. If need be, look for a like-minded prayer partner. “And again I say unto you, that if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven” (Matt. 18:19). There is a greater power in the prayer of agreement. You can also take a step further by going to the ministers of God for prayers. “…. Let him call the elders of the Church: and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord” (James 5:14). All these three steps of prayers are capable of bringing miracles to us from the throne of God. Let us be steadfast in prayers starting from this Victory Month onwards. Miracles will become the order of the day in our lives and Church. Whatever you know that is not in order would be turned to wonder if you make it an object of your prayer yes, dare God, try prayers.
LET US PRAY
- Thank You Father, for the great miraculous provisions You made for us through Jesus Christ, Your Son.
- We are happy to know that Jesus has redeemed us from the curse of the law and that we are blessed people of God. We confess today that we are for signs and wonders in Jesus name.
- Today, we ask and receive Elijah’s mantle (prayer anointing) and enter into the miraculous experience in Jesus name.
- Strengthen our faith, so as to have more results as we pray from now on in Jesus name.
- Dear Holy Spirit, empower us the more for prayer exploits in Jesus name.
- Whatever is there in my life that makes prayer difficult, impossible and unanswerable, remove them dear Lord in Jesus name.
- Let all impossibilities in our lives become possible from today in Jesus name.
- We prophesy miracles into the lives of all GOFAMINT children and youths all over the world, rise up and begin to take Your position in the scheme of things in Jesus name.
- We prophesy miracles into the lives of all our ministers, Your ministrations will begin to generate miracles in Jesus name.
- Raise up many more ministers in our midst, especially the youths for miraculous ministrations all over GOFAMINT in Jesus name.
- We intercede on behalf of all our members who have chronic problems and we command their problems to receive divine attention today in Jesus name.
- You problems in my life and family, (mention them) receive divine attention and melt away in Jesus name.
- Change our situations from natural to supernatural and from human level to divine, oh dear Lord.
- Make all GOFAMINT Assemblies prayer-answering arena, so that anyone who prays will receive answer on any prayer they offer there in Jesus name.
- Dear Father, increase our prayer power and answer to prayers in Jesus name.