DAY 13: TUESDAY
14TH JANUARY 2014
TOPIC: FROM UPPER ROOM TO EVERY LIVING ROOM – KEY TO TRUE CHURCH GROWTH AND BREAKTHROUGH
TEXTS: Acts 2:1 – 4, 42 – 47, 6:1-7; Isaiah 52:7; Matthew 28:19-20
INSIGHT FOR EFFECTIVE PRAYING
The Holy Spirit came on the day of Pentecost to empower Christians to preach Christ with the accompanying signs and wonders, beginning from Jerusalem until the whole world is reached (Acts 1:8). The Holy Spirit always manifests God’s power through Christians when they preach the gospel and minister to needs of people. As a result, the early apostles impacted the then known world through the activities of small group dynamics resulting from the upper room experience.
Disciples multiplied greatly in Jerusalem in following years after the Pentecost. The move of God spread to Antioch, five hundred kilometers in the north, within the next three years. The great move of God subdued all the prominent towns and cities of the Roman Empire in just twenty – two years,
“Now, the men were about twelve in all. …And this continued for two years, so that all who dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus, both Jews and Greeks” (Acts 19:7,10). The revival at Ephesus shook the entire province of Asia Minor. It started with twelve men whom Paul trained, in less than three years. Christ’s vision of evangelizing the whole world began with training twelve serious followers to perpetuate the process of multiplication (Matt. 9:35–10:4).
The Lord preached and ministered to the multitudes but called only twelve persons to be His disciples. He gave them spiritual authority over sickness and demons, and He named them apostles. He did not multiply the multitudes but launched the process of spiritual multiplication with twelve disciples. They are commissioned to make disciples in all nations similar to what the Lord had trained them for.
This came about through small group dynamics, working through the principles of spiritual multiplication (II Tim. 2:2). Paul spoke from the position of a mentor to Timothy, urging him to perpetuate the work of God with people who are able to teach others. Four ‘generations’ of able disciples are seen here in the process of spiritual multiplication. Paul (me) Timothy (you), faithful men and others. Selectively train faithful Christians who can pass on the training to many others, who will preserve the precious fruits of evangelism and govern the ministry to flourish from the upper room to every living room.
Churches were gathered in homes as the move of God spread from Jerusalem to the entire Mediterranean region.
§ People born again on Pentecost met daily in the Temple and from house to house (Acts 2:46).
§ Peter and the apostles taught and preached in every house (Acts 5:41-42).
§ Saul entered every Christian house and took the believers to prisons (Acts 8:3).
§ Many gathered at Mary’s house and prayed for Peter (Acts 12:12).
§ Paul taught in Ephesus publicly and from house to house (Acts 20:20).
§ Paul preached and taught for two years in his rented house at Rome (Acts 28:30-31).
§ Aquila and Priscilla had a Church in their house (Rom. 16:3-5; I Cor. 16:19).
§ Nymphas had a Church in his house (Col. 4:15).
§ Philemon had a Church in his house (Phil. 1:2).
LET US PRAY
1. As the early apostles multiplied greatly through bearing fruit from house to house, help our Churches O Lord to grow in the same similitude.
2. Help us O Lord as a Church never to disconnect from the vital link with you so that we can continue to bear much fruits for You.
3. As the Lord had promised before His allusion in John 14:12, help us Father to extend the frontiers of Your Kingdom through greater works of the Holy Spirit.
4. O Lord, take us into a new realm of Church growth such that we will overflow and multiply exceedingly like the early apostles.
5. Let the power of the word grow greatly in GOFAMINT accordingly to our Statement of Purpose and let it bring signs and wonders as well as multiplication of disciples (Acts 6:1-7).
6. Lord, as we fulfil our divine purpose as a Church, let GOFAMINT begin to spread in all the continents of the world and hence subdue kingdoms to carry out the Great Commission.
7. Father, we thank You for the enabling power of the Spirit which transforms our feelings and our services, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
8. O God, arise and enlarge our vision, open our spiritual eyes to Your greatness, and let the power to obey You completely and live in Your way come upon us, in the name of Jesus.
9. My feet shall be strengthened by the Lord to move into greatness, in the name of Jesus.
10. Father, teach me through my reading and reflection of Your word, in the name of Jesus.
11. O Lord, lead us to a greater awareness of Your love, touch us with Your love and change us by Your grace, in the name of Jesus.
12. Father, help us to always desire Your Word more than our physical food as we continue to advance Your Kingdom.
13. We bind and cast out of our lives, every spirit of disobedience to the voice of the Lord.
14. O Lord, as it was in the days of the early Apostles, let there be overflow of the healing anointing among us in the name of Jesus.
15. Father, visit us again with the anointing to raise the dead and heal the sick in the mighty name of Jesus.
16. Let the anointing for the miraculous begins to flow from the General Overseer to every minister, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
17. As Your ministers release Your words into the air, let it go forth to accomplish the purpose of God in the name of Jesus.
18. Let there be manifestations that will advance Your kingdom in all our assemblies in the mighty name of Jesus.
19. According to Your word, whatever Your ministers bind shall remain bound and whatever they loose shall remain loosed in the name of Jesus.
20. I receive the power for dominion and victory O Lord to turn the battle against my oppressors in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
21. Release Your anointing for increase and growth upon all GOFAMINT assemblies in Jesus’ name.
22. We take authority over every satanic activity, raging against the divine elevation of our assemblies in Jesus’ mighty name.
23. Father, send angelic warriors to scatter all forces programmed to hinder the growth of GOFAMINT Churches in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.
Those who want special intervention to recover all missing miracles and the lost keys to growth and expansion in their assemblies.