DAY 12: TUESDAY 13TH, JANUARY 2015
FOCUS: REBUILDING THE FALLEN WALL OF VIRTUES
AND VALUES IN GOFAMINT
TEXTS: NUMBERS 25:1-12; JER. 1:12
INSIGHT FOR EFFECTIVE PRAYERS OF THE DAY
The Church which is the household of God was designed to be a place of honour, dignity and majesty. That was why it was established on the foundation of the truth (II Tim. 2:19). Members of the Church are supposed to be the best set of people on earth. “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people…” (I Pet. 2:9). It was on this platform that the early Church started off, until some unscrupulous members like Ananias and Saphirah through demonic influence wanted to pull down the pillar. Thank God, the leaders of the early Church were spiritually sensitive and alert enough to discover and quell the negative infiltration of the enemy. The likes of Ananias and Saphirah abound in the Church today. They are the direct and indirect agents of Satan; sponsored from hell to cause disharmony, destruction and distortion in the Church. There are carnal people who are not willing to toe the line of the righteousness. “They confess that they know God but by their works, they deny Him”. They take after Balaam, the false prophet. (II Pet. 2:12-16). These two categories of people, the demonic agents and the carnal Christians are instruments of the enemies to destroy the Church.
It happened to the Israelites during their wilderness journey in those days. Balak, the king of Moab had hired Balaam, the seer and soothsayer to come and pronounce curse on the Israelites. The false prophet, as much as he tried to carry out his evil assignment against the progress and prosperity of God’s people, could not because he was prevented by God from doing so. The story is fully narrated in the book of Numbers chapters 22-24.
However, the story changed in Numbers 25, where the Israelites were seen in an unholy alliance with the gentiles in idolatry, adultery and other vices. This automatically brought the anger of God upon the people. Why? The wall of their defense had been broken down when they fell into deception of Balaam to join the Moabites in their sinful practices (11Pet. 2:15-16).
To avert the anger of the Lord, a serious and significant cleansing had to be carried out among them. Phinehaz, the son of Eleazar played a significant role in this cleansing exercise. (Num. 25:4-13). We are expected to do the same today. Let us pull down all carnal and demonic structures that are obstructing the wall of righteousness in our Church.
LET US PRAY
- We thank You Lord, for the pillar of truth and righteousness upon which You built Your Church, we praise You, Lord.
- Thank You dear Lord, for the heritage of righteousness which is our portion, we are proud of it Lord.
- We thank You, Lord for the foundation of the truth in which our Church was established and our individual lives built.
- He is Lord, He is Lord Amen, He has risen from the dead, He is Lord, every knee shall bow, every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. We confess that Jesus Christ is Lord in Gofamint in Jesus name.
- Heb. 1:9, Help every GOFAMINT member to hate iniquity and love righteousness with passion in Jesus name.
- We stand on the eternal rock of ages and we say NO way for the intrusion and infiltration of demonic influence in GOFAMINT in Jesus name.
- Whoever serves as direct or indirect agent of Satan to import evil works to GOFAMINT, his hereby condemned, banned and bound in Jesus name.
- We condemn and nullify all powers of sin and lust, operating in the lives of any GOFAMINT member in Jesus name.
- Dear Father, set all sinners free from the dominion of all forms of sins all over GOFAMINT in Jesus name.
- We command the removal and destruction of sin, as well as all agents and instruments of sin in GOFAMINT in Jesus name.
- Dear Lord, expose the secret of all goats in sheep’s clothe (the hypocrites) in our midst in Jesus name.
- Like Eliazar, help us to destroy all the works of the flesh in our individual lives in Jesus name.
- We come against the spirit of compromise in the lives of all our ministers in Jesus name.
- We pray for our disciplinary Committee that you will fill them with Your spirit that they may carry out their duties under the full guidance of the Holy Spirit.
- We command the continuous burning of the fire of God in all GOFAMINT assemblies for the consumption of all sinful and evil works in Jesus name.
- We rededicate all GOFAMINT altars for life, power and fire ministrations in Jesus name.
- Release new anointing upon all our ministers; capable of renewing and reshaping the lives of their adherents in Jesus name.
- We invoke and restore the convicting and converting power of the Holy Spirit into the ministration of the word in GOFAMINT in Jesus’ name.
- Make our lives in GOFAMINT a model of Your word and Your will for sound and clear testimonies of our salvation.
- We command the transformative anointing upon our Sunday and mid-week services that they begin to impact transformative into the lives of members in each and every service in Jesus name.
- We raise up the standard of holiness and righteousness in the lives of all members in assemblies of GOFAMINT in Jesus name.