DAY 11: TUESDAY, 12TH JANUARY 2016
FOCUS: OPERATING THE KINGDOM KEYS, ADVANCING THE GOSPEL EFFECTIVELY
Text: Matt. 16: 19; 18: 18
Insight for effective Prayer
“I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” “I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” –Matthew 16:19; 18:18
The C should announce and demonstrate the Kingdom of God. Kingdom evangelism involves power evangelism: that means evangelism that transcends the rational through the demonstration of God’s power in signs and wonders and introduces the numinous of God. This involves a presentation of the good news of God’s reign, accompanied with the manifest presence of God. Power evangelism is spontaneous and is directed by the Holy Spirit. The result is often explosive!
One of the first keys to the kingdom is that of prayer. We must remember that when we come to God asking Him for something, our petition must agree with His Word and be in His will, or He will not hear it. 1 John 5:14-15 states, “And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.”. Hence another key is the Word of God, with which He upholds and sustains all things.(Heb 1:3). The Lord only answers our prayers in accordance with His character. They must always be presented in the same spirit of dependence and submission that marked Jesus’ relationship to the Father. Another key is love and unity. The Lord Jesus prayed this prayer in John 17, and the early apostles practicalised it. The early C grew in leaps and bounds that they turned their world then ‘upside down’ Acts 17:6. Several other keys are there to be used for different occasions of Kingdom advancement, such as preaching the gospel, fellowshipping, Holy Communion and the Blood of the Lamb, The Word of testimony, etc
- Holy Ghost, advertise Your power in my life in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
- My Father, give me the eagle eyes of Elisha and the sensitive ears of Samuel, in Jesus’ name
- O Lord, grant us keys that open the doors of the hearts of the people we preach or minister to in all our assemblies location in the name of Jesus
- My Father, cover my defenceless head and baptise me afresh by the Holy Ghost fire, in Jesus name.
- O Lord, let every satanic gate against us be be lifted and let the gate of heaven be erected in our Ces for angelic visitation, in the mighty name of Jesus
- I receive authority to advance the kingdom of God in the name of Jesus.
- The work of God shall prosper in my hands in the mighty name of Jesus
- The keys of the kingdom shall not fail in my hands in the name of Jesus
- O Lord, make us shakers and movers of the kingdom in the mighty name of Jesus
- We receive the key to unlock the wealth of nations to advance the kingdom of God in the name of Jesus
- We receive the key of faith to advance the kingdom of God and push back the frontiers and gates of hell in the name of Jesus
- As “day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth wisdom” (Psalm 19:2), so shall the keys of prayers not fail to bring the desired results in our lives and assemblies in the name of Jesus
- We receive the key of dominion in the name of Jesus, and command every power contending against us to bow
- Blood of Jesus, begin to work wonders in my life in the mighty name of Jesus
- The key of the Word shall not fail in our lives, in the mighty name of Jesus. As we teach the sound word of God in these end times, let it significantly advance the Kingdom through our exploits.
- Anoint me for signs and wonders O Lord, in the mighty name of Jesus
- Any plan of the enemy, to turn my light to darkness, scatter, in the name of Jesus
- Holy Ghost, explode in my life by signs and wonders, and let dry bones rise again in Jesus name.