DAY 1: MONDAY, 2ND JANUARY, 2017.
FOCUS: WE THANK YOU THE GOD OF ALL GRACE
TEXTS: GEN. 6:8; PS. 84:11,12; ACTS 4S:33; ZECH. 12:10
INSIGHT FOR EFFECTIVE AND FERVENT PRAYERS
“I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion on” (Exo. 33:9).
“So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy” (Romans 9:16).
“But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace towards me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me” (ICor. 15:10).
It is the grace of God that makes all the difference in our lives and family. It is the grace of God that qualifies us even when we were not qualified. It is the grace of God that takes us thus far in the journey of destiny and in our pilgrimage to the land of glory and beauty. Those that were better, wiser, smarter and stronger than us years ago, were no more. Many of them were among those that perished in the wilderness of life. We are alive today to celebrate God’s grace and goodness because God has chosen to distinguish us from others, not because of what we have done or what we have not done. A clear understanding of the Bible shows that God’s choice of Jacob instead of Esau or both of them was not based on anything either had done or would do in the future. This is the mystery of God’s selection through grace. It is the manifestation of God’s manifold grace.
Just some months ago, this great Mission celebrated her Diamond Anniversary. How many Churches in Nigeria are still relevant in God’s end time agenda after the attainment of 50 or 60 years of existence? Not many of course. It is God’s great grace that distinguishes us.
Therefore, we are here today to thank our God of all grace and to celebrate Him for His salvation, sanctification, Holy Ghost empowerment, outstanding performance, great accomplishment, all round growth and breakthrough, divine lifting, sweatless success, extensional growth and spreading to mention but a few.
How many of you have any testimony of outstanding achievement or performance in the just concluded year? How many of you passed your professional examinations or did well in your career or jobs? For the fact that you are among the living today, let us join our voices together to thank and appreciate the God of all grace.
LET US PRAISE HIM
- Let us read Psalm 103 together and use it as our guide in praising God of all grace.
- Lift up your voice and sing Hymn 432 “Amazing grace! How sweet the sound” together.
- Then let us combine our voices together in praising and thanking God for:
- a) His goodness and blessings in our lives and families.
- b) Forgiveness of our sins and salvation of our souls.
- c) Healing our diseases and blessing of good health.
- d) Great redemption of our lives from destruction.
- e) His lovingkindness and tender mercies towards us.
- f) Divine satisfaction with all good things.
- g) Spiritual renewal, revival and restoration.
- h) Deliverance from demonic oppressions and depressions.
- i) Making His ways and acts known unto us.
- j) Being merciful and gracious to us and His Church.
- k) Not dealing with us according to our sins.
- l) Removing our sins and iniquities from us.
- m) His faithfulness to GOFAMINT in all regions, districts and assemblies.
- n) Being with our leaders and guiding them day by day.