FROM THE GENERAL OVERSEER,
Pastor (Dr) E. O. Abina
Sunday 25th October, 2015.
Phi 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
God works in us, on us, around us and through us to do his pleasure, Phi 2:13 puts it this way “For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.”
God is working in us to change us to be more like him, to strengthen us, comfort us, and empower us. Even when we may not see any physical evidence of his workings, He is working. Realize that He is the Alpha and Omega, whatever He starts, he finishes, and He is not a God of abandoned projects. What He has started in your life, he will finish it, He is a finisher.
One of the tools of success in life is a rightly placed confidence. Unshakable Confidence grants access to supernatural achievements in life, it is produced by unshakable faith. It is often said a pack of lamb led by a lion will defeat a pack of lions led by a lamb. Why? The sheer appearance of a lion provokes confidence and inspires courage.
The type of confidence we are referring to here is not birthed by a misplaced confidence or sheer vanity or false hope. Like Peter who had a misplaced confidence when he trusted in his own flesh. Jesus told him he will betray him, he did not heed this wakeup call but choose to display a hollow confidence which later let him down, when he was accosted by a maid who knew his identity.
When a person goes to a bank to secure a credit facility. Three things are very important to the loan risk manager, these are character, collateral and capacity. When these conditions have been reasonably met the bank becomes confident to issue out the loan. Let us apply the same parameters to the subject at hand.
- Character. What is the character of the person making the promise? Can he or she fulfil his promise? Has he or she done so in the past? A).God is faithful and operates on a higher level of faithfulness far and beyond that of any mortal, None of his promises is found to fail Lam 3:23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.. Psa 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name. B). God cannot lie Num 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
- Capacity: What is the capacity of the person making the promise to fulfil the promise? Does He or she have the means to do so? The bible tells us Jer 32:17 Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee: Luke 1:37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.
- Collateral: What collateral or assets of value are available that can be laid hold of in case of failure to fulfil the promise? God is the creator of the heavens and the earth, the earth is just a tiny dot in the entire massive universe that he has created. Psalms 24:1 says The earth is the LORD’S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein. Hebrews 6:18 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: Mat_5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled
The capability and capacity of God provokes confidence. It provides a good ground on which we can anchor our faith. Confidence provokes action, check your actions are they in line with your faith or in line with your doubts? You need to starve your doubts and feed your faith with God’s word and take action. Match your faith with a powerful confession, begin to declare that the good work that God has started in your life will be completed on time and schedule. The good he has started by saving you, he will perfect and complete it as you commit to being more like him. The good work he has started in your home, finances, marital life, career, and ministry, he will complete. Be confident. God is not man that he should lie. Faithful is He who has promised who will also do it
Let us pray.
- Father let me never doubt your faithfulness
- Father strengthen my faith and confidence in you.
- Father every promise that is due for fulfilment this year let them gain divine speed and manifest without delay.
- Perfect all that concerns me.