DAY 30: SUNDAY, 31ST JANUARY 2016
FOCUS: BE CONFIDENT IN GOD
TEXT: PHIL 2:13; JER. 32:17; NUMBER 23:19
INSIGHT FOR EFFECTIVE PRAYER
Phi 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
God works in us, on us, around us and through us to do his pleasure. Phi 2:13 puts it this way: “For it is God which worketh in you in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.”
God is working in us to change us to be more like him, to strengthen, comfort us and empower us. Even when we may not see any physical evidence of his workings, He is working! Realize that He is the Alpha and Omega, whatever He starts, he finishes, and He is not a God of abandoned projects. What He has started in your life, he will finish it, what a finisher!
One of the tools of success in life is a rightly placed confidence. Unshakeable confidence grants access to supernatural achievements in life, it is a product of unshakeable faith. It is often said a pack of lamb led by a lion will defeat a pack of lion led by a lamb. Why? The sheer appearance of a lion provokes confident and inspires courage.
The type of confidence we are referring to here is not born by a misplaced confidence or sheer vanity or false. Like Peter who had a misplaced confidence when he trusted in his own flesh, Jesus told him he would betray him, he did not heed this wakeup call but chose to display a hollow confidence which later let him down, when he was accosted by a maid who knew his identity.
When a person goes to a bank to secure a facility, three things are very important to the loan risk manager, these are character, collateral and capacity. When these conditions have been reasonable met, the bank becomes confident to issue out the loan. Let us apply the same parameters to the subject at hand.
1. Character. What is the character of the person making a promise? Can he or she fulfil his promise? Has he or she done so in the past? [A]. God is faithful and operates on a higher level of faithfulness far and beyond that of any mortal , None of his promises is found to fail Lam 3:23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.. Psa 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above thy name. [B]. God cannot lie Num 23:19; God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the sin of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? Or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?
2. Capacity: What is the capacity of the person making the promise to fulfil the promise? Does He or she have the means to do so? The bible tells us Jer 32:17 Ah lord GOD! Behold, thou hast made the heaven and earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee: Luke 1:37: for with God nothing shall be impossible.
- Collateral: What collateral or assets of value are available that can be laid hold of in case of failure to fulfill the promise? God is the creator of the heaven and the earth, the earth is just a tiny dot in the entire massive universe that he has created. Psalms 24:1 says The earth is the LORD’S, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein. Hebrews 6:18 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: Mat_5:18 for verily I say unto you, Till heaven and pass, one jot or one title shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
The capability and capacity of God provokes confidence. They provide a good ground on which we can anchor our faith. Confidence provokes action, check your actions; are they in line with your doubts or feed your faith with God’s word? Match your faith with a powerful confession, begin to declare that the good work that God has started in your life will be completed on time and schedule. The good He has started by saving you, He will perfect and complete it as you commit to being more like him. The good work He has started in your homes, finances, marital life, career, and ministry, he will complete. Be confident. God is not man that he should lie. Faithful is He who has promised, who will also do it.
LET US PRAY.
- Father let me never doubt your faithfulness again.
- Father strengthen my faith and confidence in you.
- Father, every promise that is due for fulfillment this year; let them gain divine speed and manifest without delay.
- I place my total confidence in you, in your word and power, help me oh Lord.
- In areas where people have refused to help me, be my helper oh dear Lord.
- In those areas where people wanted to help me but they cannot because of lack of power and the resource, help me oh Lord.
- On cases that appear hopeless dear Father, let there be divine intervention and solution in Jesus Name.
- I reject and rebuke the spirit of fear and doubt; embrace the spirit of faith and sound mind in Jesus Name.
- Dear Lord, you are the Alpha and Omega of my life, let there be no room for any contrary power to operate in my life again.
- Stop all strange winds in my life Oh dear Lord.
- Dear Father, I confess that the year 2016 will be the year of fulfillment in Jesus name.
- I confess that the year 2016 will be the best year of my life so far in Jesus Name.
- I declare that my sorrows are turned to joy; my failures turned to success, my disappointment to divine appointment and my pains to gains in Jesus name.
- According to your word, perform and perfect everything that concerns me oh Lord.
- Do something new in my life, something new in my Life – 2ce, Oh Lord.