DAY 19: WEDNESDAY, 20TH JANUARY 2016
FOCUS: GRACE AND POWER TO BE FRUITFUL, USEFUL AND DURABLE IN GOD’S VINEYARD
TEXT: Psalm 92:10-14
INSIGHT FOR EFFECTIVE PRAYER
In our passage today, the palm tree was used as a metaphor to describe the usefulness, fruitiness and dubarability that a true child of God should be. In Nigeria, the palm tree is an all purpose-tree. Every part of it produces useful products for the benefit of mankind, in addition to its longevity which surpasses other trees.
Also in Israel, their brand of palm tree does not just produce useful materials, its fruits produce honey of a highly nutritious quality.
Palm tree is a fruitful, useful and durable tree. Its usefulness and relevance can not be over-emphasized. It is not just for decoration or fun-fare, it is for the blessings of mankind.
This is exactly what is expected from the life of a born again child of God. We are not planted and rooted in the house of the Lord for nothing. It is for a purpose to be fruitful, useful and durable. The question each of us must be confronted with is “Am I fruitful, useful and durable in God’s vineyard for the glory of God and the benefit of fellow-men”? If you are in the Church and your life is not admirable, desirable and respected, then examine yourself if Christ is truly in you. (II Cor. 13:5)
To put ourselves properly in this desirable and adorable position in life, the followings must be done.
- Abide in Jesus (John 15:4) Jesus in you is the hope of glory (col. 1:27)
- Let the word of God abide in you (John 15:7)
- Allow the word of God to reflect in your daily living (John 15:7)
LET US PRAY
- Jesus must be honoured, must be honoured, must be honoured; Christ must be honoured in my life every day
- Every evil ash-tag upon my life, I command it remove today in Jesus name.
- Dear Lord Jesus, take your proper position in my life and overthrow all idols in my heart in Jesus name.
- Father, remove every stony heart found in me that may be obstructing the entrance of your word into my heart in Jesus name.
- Create in me a new heart, oh God, and renew a right spirit within me.
- Remove the spirit of contempt and reproach from my life; replace them with honour and glory oh Lord.
- Let me not be uprooted or replaced in your vineyard due to fruitlessness oh Lord.
- Release the fruit-bearing grace upon my life oh dear Father.
- Turn all ashes of my life to beauty in Jesus name.
- Use me for your glory oh Lord.
- Make me a vessel of honour in your household dear Father.
- Make me an indispensable channel of your blessing in the Church, oh Father
- Whatever bitter and unsavoury fruits my life is producing hitherto, stop them and change them to sweet fruits oh, Lord
- Empower me Lord, to separate myself from all involvements and pollutions of sin in Jesus name.
- Remove all filthy garments on me and replace them with garment of honour and glory oh Lord.
- Change the utterance of my mouth to words of grace and blessings
- Change all my attitudes to scriptural be-attitudes.
- Spirituality ensures durability. Lord, make me spiritual and make me durable.
- Change the tree of my life to goodness and my fruit becomes nourishment for all seasons.
- Bless people through me and withheld me from being used as an instrument of torment or punishment for others in Jesus name.
- Heal me, I shall be healed, save me Lord, I shall be saved.