FROM THE GENERAL OVERSEER,
Pastor (Dr) E. O. Abina
Sunday 17th January, 2016.
“As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease” (Genesis 8:22).
Giving is an act that activates several laws when it is used, without giving, living does not exist. Giving activated the law of life: God gave his breath and man became a living soul. Man also must inhale and exhale to keep living, have you ever tried to hold back your breath? For how long were you able to do so? Giving activated the law of eternal life: John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Jesus when instructing on how we should be liberal in forgiveness and judging others talked about giving said: Luke 6:38 “Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”
Again here we see the law of giving activating another law, the law of reciprocity and the law of multiplicity.- what you do to another, will be done to you and also much more. When we give especially to God, we are giving to someone whose capacity to repay us is bigger and higher than our capacity to give, we cannot out give God. What are the things that constitute meaningful giving:
1. See God as your provider: One of the greatest obstacle to giving is needs and wants. The richest people in the world have discovered that money does not meet all needs, it only give you options. As there are needs that money cannot meet – Only God can. God assures us that He will supply our needs at all levels. Philippians_4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
2. Accompany your giving with faith. Consider this: Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
God is not a robber or an extorter, He is a rewarder., whatever touches his hands as a seed, he multiplies in return. You must have faith that your seed will produce a harvest and accompany your giving with your faith. The widow at Zarephath believed and activated a constant supply of flour and oil all through the famine.
2. Give substantially: When people are stingy in giving, they are demonstrating a lack of faith and ingratitude. They don’t believe that God can supply their needs beyond their budgetary calculations. So they give crumbs to God. Galatians 6:7 says Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. When we give substantially, we are expressing gratitude to God, the giver of all.
3. Give proportionally: God expects you to give as he has blessed you. We must be extravagant in giving towards God. He owns everything including what we think we own and requires that we give as a demonstration of our faith in him. The rich fool in Luke 12:21 was condemned because he was not rich towards God. Some have many vehicles gathering dust in their compounds while the work of God suffers in some areas for lack of good transportation. Some have several plots of lands, acres and houses, while the church is trying to purchase properties at strategic areas in fulfillment of its mandate.
4. Give sacrificially: Sacrifice provokes a divine reaction, whenever people give sacrificially; God takes them to a new level. Let us all give to our GDF and all our giving projects this year, substantially and sacrificially.
For your giving to yield the desired harvest, you must accompany it with the law of diligence, Proverbs10:4 He becometh poor that dealeth with a slack hand: but the hand of the diligent maketh rich.
God will do for you what you cannot do for yourself. He promised to prosper the work of your hands. What are you doing? Do you give the best of your ability to producing excellent results in your work? Do you complete the work of your clients on time and with top quality?.
It is a New Dawn in GOFAMINT, God is spreading his arms to release a bountiful harvest on his people such as we have never seen. A mighty harvest is on its way to you as you faithfully give towards God’s projects.
1. Lord make me a meaningful giver, let my giving be impactful.
2. Lord I know you want to bless me, Let my life not be a hindrance to my blessing.
3. Lord help me to give substantially, proportionally and sacrificially.
4. Lord surprise me on every side with a bountiful harvest.