DAY 13: THURSDAY, 14TH JANUARY 2016
DAY 13: THURSDAY, 14TH JANUARY 2016
FOCUS: OUTPOURING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT FOR SIGNS AND WONDERS AMONG US
Text: I Thess. 1:5, Heb. 2: 3-14, Acts 5:12
Insight for effective Prayer
We are to preach the Gospel not just with words, but also with power. Paul wrote: “Our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction” (1 Thess 1:5). God’s message is not dependent on the rhetoric skills of men, He empowers it with His Spirit.
To make sure that people understand that the Gospel is not like any other message but a message from Heaven, God confirms it through miracles. Hebrews 2:3-4 says: “This salvation, which was first announced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard him. God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.”
God thus uses miracles to testify about salvation. Besides having an intrinsic value, for example abolishing pain when it comes to healing or offering guidance when it comes to prophecy, miracles are tools for evangelism.
Jesus performed so many miracles that John complains about not managing to write about them all, but he states that the signs he has reported “are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.” Thus, the purpose of writing down Jesus’ miracles was to lead people to faith in Him.
In the early Church, there was no replacement to the wonders of the Holy Spirit. A Church without the presence of the Holy Spirit will run dry. Where there is no Holy Spirit, flesh will take over, ungodliness will be rampant and more importantly, there will no signs and wonders. By the hands of the Apostles were many signs and wonders done because they were filled with the Holy Spirit. In their time, the gospel was spreading like wild fire, because they received the fire at the upper room. We cannot do less today.
1.O Lord, let there be an outpouring of the spirit of power upon us and give us new oil for effective ministry, in the name of Jesus Christ
- Holy Ghost, lay Your hands upon me, by Your fire and fill my body, soul and spirit, in Jesus name.
- Give us O Lord, the manifestation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit among us to preach the Word with signs and wonders, in the name of Jesus
- Father, soak me in the latter rain of the anointing (Joel 2:23, Zech 10:1), in the name of Jesus Christ
- Lord, make my life the evidence of existence of Your power and let every spiritual limitation upon my life be lifted now in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Holy Ghost fire, revive my spiritual life and show forth the glory of your name in my life in the name of Jesus
- Father, transform my life, and let every power that contends with your power in my life be put to shame in the name of Jesus
- Every decision of darkness against my destiny, dry up by fire, in the name of Jesus
- I register my name for visitation of the angels of favour in the name of Jesus
- Holy Ghost, let there be a repeat of Pentecost experience again in Your Church for signs and wonders in the name of Jesus Christ.
- O Lord, anoint my destiny afresh and make me a solution carrier wherever I go in Jesus name.
- My priesthood shall be binding in heaven and on the earth in the name of Jesus Christ
- Holy Ghost fire, breath on us anew and let the name of Christ in our mouths be a testimony of Your power in the name of Jesus
- I receive the unsearchable wisdom of the Holy Ghost in the name of Jesus
- Every power that weakens my anointing, die by fire in the name of Jesus
- Holy Ghost fire, ordain us to reverse evil decrees in the name of Jesus
- Holy Ghost, grant me a glimpse of Your glory now, in the name of Jesus
- Worship the Lord now using Mark 16:17-18, that in as much as it is ordained of God that signs and wonders are to follow us, as children of God, your life will be carrying such divine aura at this time that you will attract favour and miracles.