DAY 8: SATURDAY, 9TH JANUARY 2016
FOCUS: THE GRACE FOR TRUE GREATNESS
TEXT: I COR 15:9,10; GEN 12:1-3; 24:34-35; PS 71;21; ACTS 4:33; PS 113: 1-9
INSIGHT FOR FRUITFUL PRAYER
Now Jehovah said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto the land that I will show thee: and I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make they name great; and be thou a blessing; Genesis 12:1-2
He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, And lifteth up the needy from the dunghill; That he may set him with princes, Even with the princes of his people. He maketh the barren woman to keep house, [And to be] a joyful mother of children. Praise ye Jehovah. Psalm 113:7-9
And he said, I am Abraham’s servant. And Jehovah hath blessed my master greatly. And he is become great. And he hath given him flocks and herds, and silver and gold, and men-servants and maid-servants, and camels and asses. And Sarah my master’s wife bare a son to my master when she was old. And unto him hath he given all that he hath.(Gen 24:34-36
“Some men are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them”- William Shakespeare.
“There is one quality that one must possess to win, and that is definiteness of purpose, the knowledge of what one wants, and a burning desire to possess it.- Napoleon Hill.
Really, God can make you great; you can begin to swim in God’s abundance and greatness as from now. God has all it takes to make you great in life.
Greatness is your covenant birthright as a child of God. You were born great because the seed of greatness of God is in you. You only need to access and acquire His divine ordinance.
Grace is unmerited favour, undeserved blessing, kindness and a free gift of God, the opposite of what we deserve!
“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Rom 6:23).
As sinners, what we deserved was death. However, the grace and gift of God turned it to eternal life which was the direct opposite of what we actually deserved.
The grace of God is available to all men including you (Titus 2:11). God is ready to give you the grace you need to become great and notable in life – Benjamin Derreal said;
“Perseverance and tact are the two great qualities most valuable for all who would mount, but especially for those who love to step out of the crowd into greatness.
Samuel Johnson also said “great works are performed, not by strength but by perseverance.
Greatness is an extra-ordinary ability, quality or achievement a person possesses or attains which is divinely inspired by the Holy Spirit. Becoming great in life is a product of two factors: divine and human. It is only God through His grace that can make you great (IChro 29:11,12). Yet, you have a major role to play.
God does not call us to reduce us. He calls us to increase and multiply us. His purpose of calling is to raise us to the position of eminence and greatness in life. He did so in the life of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Job, David, Daniel, Deborah, Esther and a host of others that were raised from nothing to influential status.
Are you ready to step out of the crowd into greatness? If yes, the time is here to persevere and prevail in prayers. Let us come boldly to the throne of grace with faith to obtain help for our greatness and breakthrough.
“Therefore do not cast away your confidence which has great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise” (Heb 10:35-36).
LET US PRAY
- Guide my steps Oh Lord and let every step I take result in blessing, increase and greatness in Jesus name.
- Release the anointing for true greatness on me Oh God, in Jesus name
- Remove and destroy everything in me that hinders divine increase and greatness in Jesus name.
- Let all wicked and negative people that surround me be put to shame, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Let your grace and mercy be released upon me Oh God, in Jesus name
- Surround me with great and godly people that will motivate and propel me to divine success, breakthrough and greatness in Jesus name.
- Let every demonic siege that obstructs my breakthrough into greatness be destroyed in Jesus name
- Whatever is responsible for littleness, limitation and lamentation in my life; be paralysed and destroyed in Jesus name
- Protect and deliver me Oh God, from all unprofitable ventures and activities in Jesus name
- Anoint and bless my hands oh Lord and let every thing I do receive divine torch, endorsement and blessings.
- Let there be increase of breakthrough anointing, peace, progress and prosperity in my life in Jesus name.
- Oh God arise on my behalf and destroy all causes of poverty and hardship in my life and family.
- Put an end to season of drought and famine in my life, career, job or ministry oh Lord.
- Destroy the root of stagnation and retardation in my life and increase my greatness on all sides.