DAY 4: TUESDAY, 5TH JANUARY 2016
FOCUS: POWER FOR VICTORIOUS LIVING, SERVICE AND CHURCH GROWTH
TEXT: EPH 4:1-3,6:10-20; DEUT 11:24-25; EXO 15:1,21; 14:13-14
INSIGHT FOR FRUITFUL PRAYER
If anyone serves me, let him follow me and where I am, there my servant will be also if anyone serves me, him my father will honour (Jn 12:26)…
“Then all this assembly shall know that the Lord does not save with sword and spear; for the battle is the Lord’s and He will give you into our hands” (I Sam 17:47)
“A divine service is a service rendered to God in union with His son, according to His will, in the power of His Holy Spirit, in appreciation of His love, in obedience to his commandments and to the glory of His name. Such service must please God, be acceptable to Christ and edify the Church. -Anon
Serving God faithfully is one of the pre-condition for victorious living. That may not out rightly remove the foes but definitely it incapacitates them and enables God to fight your battles and gives you victory. When all members of the Church see themselves as ministers of God and thereby serve God selflessly and sacrificially, the result will be an explosive Church growth such as we witnessed in the 80’s.
Brethren, you need to know that Christian service and ministry is a vocation, a calling, a battle field and a walking. Through the grace and power of God, we are accepted (Eph 1:6), admitted (Rm 5:21; Eph 2;18)), adopted (Rm 8;15), approved (Jn 15:16; 2 Tim 1:11) and anointed (2 Cor 1:21). All these happened to us as divine motivation to serve God with assurance of divine backing for victorious living. The Church where members serve; will grow. Whereas when or where there is no service; retardation, retrogression, retrograde and regret will be the order of things. To avoid these, we should begin to walk as Christ walked, that is walking in the light, walking as the children of God and walking worthy of our vocation. These suggest that our conduct, character and comportment should be in conformity with the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. It is then the victory Jesus has obtained for us on the cross over Satan, sin and innumerable hosts of hell will be actualized in our lives. The power to overcome worry, fear, anxiety, uncontrolled anger, depression, resentment, unfruitfulness and lack of self control or self discipline will be activated and be made effective in our lives. Our C will grow spiritually, numerically and financially.
LET US PRAY
- Give God praise for the victory he has won for us on the cross
- Prophetically declare that:
- I will not bow to the pressure of sin and Satan in Jesus name
- I will not be a victim or become spiritual causality in the battles of life in Jesus name
- I am born of God, the seed and nature of God are in me, I receive the grace to overcome the world in Jesus name
- I receive the grace and power to overcome every challenge that rises against me in Jesus name
- Oh Lord my God, arise and break the power with which the devil attacks the Church and every believer Jesus name
- Let all the enemies that think there is no hope for the Church be confounded and disgraced in Jesus name
- Every “Samballat and Tobiah” that want to frustrate the vision and purpose of your Church be subdued, disgraced and defeated in Jesus name.
- The wicked shall not prevail against your Church in Jesus name.
- The Church will rise, shine and overcome the lies of the devil in Jesus name
- Let the spirit of diligence, discipline, dedication and devotion be released upon the Church members and ministers in Jesus name
- Deliver your Church and your people from demons of worry, fear, anxiety, bitterness, anger and resentment in Jesus name
- Every stubborn pursuer of the vision and purpose of your Church will perish like Pharaoh at the Red sea in Jesus name
- Give us new grace, power and unction to triumph and do exploit for you in Jesus name.
- Oh God, come down and pour your Holy Spirit upon the Church again in Jesus name.
- Let your people be spiritually awakened and revived for the work of evangelism and soul winning in Jesus name.
- Give us more grace and power to love and serve you Oh God in Jesus name.
- Bless the ministries of your Church with remarkable salvation of souls and noticeable numerical increase and growth in Jesus name.
- Reveal, remove and destroy everything that hinders the growth of your Church oh Lord.
- Send down your power again, and let there be great spiritual reawakening in Jesus name.