DAY 1: SATURDAY, 2ND JANUARY 2016
FOCUS:CONNECTING WITH THE GLORY OF HIS PRESENCE (OPEN HEAVENS)
Text: Exodus 33: 14-19
Insight for effective Prayer
“When the Lord’s presence is in our midst, no one can harm us. But without Him, we helpless, reduced to nothing. Let all the nations of this world trust in their mighty armies, their iron chariots, their skilled soldiers, their new weapons; we will trust in the manifest presence of our God!”
Here was how God answered Moses’ bold statement: “…My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest” (verse 14). What an incredible promise! The Hebrew word for “rest” here is “a comfortable, quiet rest.” God was saying, “No matter what enemies or trials you face, you’ll always be able to find a quiet rest in me!”
Think about this: If a Church has the manifest presence of God in its midst, there won’t be any hustle or bustle, sweating or striving. The worship meetings won’t be hurried along, with three songs, an offering and a short sermon. Instead, there will be a calming peace, a quiet rest – and everyone who walks through the doors will sense it!
The same is true for every individual Christian. If you have Jesus’ presence in your life, you will experience God’s divine order. You’ll have a peace and a calm, with no fretting or anxiety, no running to and fro to seek guidance, no sense that the bottom is falling out. You’ll live at rest, knowing God has everything under control!
It’s a wonderful thing to be shut in with God, developing a consistent prayer life. God says that as you become a seeking, praying servant, His presence will break forth in your life – closing and opening doors and working His divine order all around you. Yet, something even greater than this will happen: God’s presence will lead you into a revelation of His glory!
The presence of God is continuously drawn when we live holy lives. The key to living a holy life is by constantly dipping ourselves in the Blood of Jesus Christ, as we keep God’s word close to our heart.
- We give You praise, Father, because You have done marvellous things in our lives in the name of Jesus
- Father, we thank You for the greatness and worthiness of praise, You are to be feared above all gods, in the name of Jesus
- Father, thank You for You are God and we are the people of Your pasture, the flock under Your care, in the name of Jesus
- We thank You Father for the goodness of Your works, in Jesus’ name
- Father, we praise You, for You are our glory and strength and by Your favour, You exalt our horn, in the name of Jesus
- You are worthy to be praised, Father, because You made the clouds Your chariots and You ride on the wings of the wind, in the name of Jesus
- Father we praise You, for You clothe Yourself with splendour and majesty, You wrap Yourself in light as a garment, and You stretch out the heavens like a tent, in the name of Jesus
- Father, to You be all glory, because You remember Your covenant forever, in the name of Jesus.
- Pray violently that the east wind of Jehovah God will blow away all agents of satan that want to block you from God’s presence during these prayers and the great things God has designed for you in life and destiny.
- Every satanic reinforcement against my spiritual upliftment; be burnt to ashes by the Holy Ghost fire after the order of Prophet Elijah and King Ahab (2 Kings 1).
- Every spiritual cataract that will want to blind my spiritual eyes from seeing the vision of the Lord for possessing my tomorrow’s, be dissolved now by Holy Ghost fire.
- Speak now to yourself, ‘I anoint my eyes and ears for revelation and divine hearing in the presence of the Lord during these prayers for my all-round prosperity in Jesus Name.’
- Pray that this Victory month will usher you into unprecedented breakthroughs as God re-organizes, revolutionizes and re-routes all situations for my great testimonies this year in Jesus Name.
- Father we bless You for You are from everlasting to everlasting and Your word is settled in heaven, in the name of Jesus
- O God, we thank You, for we know You, our Redeemer, be exalted, O Lord, for in Your strength, we will sing and praise Your might in the name of Jesus
- O Lord, we praise You, for You are our glorious one who lifts up our head, in the name of Jesus