FROM THE GENERAL OVERSEER,
Pastor (Dr) E. O. Abina
YOU NEED TO KNOW GOD
“Let us know, Let us pursue the knowledge of the LORD, His going forth is established as the morning; He will come to us like rain, Like the latter and former rain to the earth” ((Hosea 6:3 NKJV)
“Yes, let us know (recognize, be acquainted with, and understand) Him; let us be zealous to know the Lord (to appreciate, give heed to, and cherish Him) His going forth is prepared and certain as the dawn, and He will come to us as the (heavy) rain, as the latter rain that waters the earth” (AMP. Bible).
Welcome to Year 2016, another brand New Year. Let us all say our Faith Declaration for the year. Beloved of God, you and I are fortunate to see another year in our life. It is a privilege to be so blessed. God will appreciate it if we do not take that privilege for granted. The fact that God spared our lives to enter this year is an indication that He has a purpose for it and for us, and one of those purposes is for you and me to know Him more, far beyond the knowledge of Him we had in the just concluded year.
It is not a child play that we declared this year as thus, as our Faith Declaration, having the knowledge of God has no end as long as we live and are willing to make progress in all areas of our life. I want to put it before you that your present knowledge of God is not enough, God Himself is willing that you know more of Him so as to be strong and do exploits. “…but the people who know their God shall prove themselves strong and shall stand firm and do exploits (for God) (Dan. 11:32b AMP Bible).
Daniel was a man who knew his God so much that he defied the decree of Kind Nebuchadnezzar. As a result of this, he was thrown to the dens of lion but the lions could not destroy him. Why? He was a man full of the knowledge of God and a powerful prayer warrior. He violated the King’s decree that forbade him to pray to his God. He was not a lawbreaker but he believed in the principle of obeying God rather than bowing to human laws that are against God. As Christians, we all should be a law-abiding citizen which is one of the virtues that make us to be recognized as Christians.
Beloved of the Lord, we need to know more of God this year than we ever did in the past. God does not always reveal His plan to His people all at once but bit by bit as we pursue to know Him more and more. So it was with Abraham, the father of faith and other patriarchs. In order to know the Lord more this year; please pay attention to the following suggestions:
· Read your Bible and study it more than you did last year, use Bible Commentaries and other resource materials
· Pray meaningful and Scripture-based prayers not just the kind of survival prayers that are now common among today’s Christians
· As much as humanly possible, attend Church meetings on regular basis and peer with Christians of progressive mind set
· Embrace to the letter, the principles of GOFAMINT Core Values, Statement of Purpose and Membership Covenants,
· Involve in preaching the gospel to other people
· Determine to work for God more than you did last year
· Believe and behave the word of God, claim and personalize its good promises for you and you will realize that our God is greater than what you know about Him in the past.
Remain forever blessed in Him.