NEW YEAR MESSAGE FOR THE YEAR 2015
OFFICE OF THE GENERAL OVERSEER
THE GOSPEL FAITH MISSION INTERNATIONAL (GOFAMINT)
INTERNATIONAL HEADQUARTERS, GOSPEL CITY,
KM 40, LAGOS/IBADAN EXPRESSWAY, ASEESE.
ANNOUNCING OUR NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS, ANCHOR AND FAITH DECLARATION OF THE NEW YEAR.
- AS A REMEMBRANCE AND PREPAREDNESS:
“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven but My Father only… Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect” (Matt 24:36,44 NKJV).
Brethren, it is necessary to remind ourselves of the imminent return of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, the soon coming ‘KING’ and the ultimate hope of the world. The world may not be mindful of this event but we should not be as sleepy as they are and as unconcerned as they are. The coming of our Lord is sure and certain nothing can change it. As the old year rolls away and the new one comes in, it reminds us that His coming is nearer than it was in the immediate past year. As we remind ourselves of this, it calls for seriousness and preparedness: “For the grace of God has been revealed, bringing salvation to all people. And we are instructed to turn from godless living and sinful pleasures. We should live in this evil world with wisdom, righteousness, and devotion to God, while we look forward with hope to that wonderful day, when the glory of our great God and Saviour, Jesus Christ will be revealed. He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us his very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds” (Titus 2:11-14 NLT). This Scripture passage is self-explained. The rapture is for those who always watch, pray and examine their lives on daily basis. Let us therefore be ready for His coming and it shall be well with us in Jesus name. Amen.
- NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS:
- Operation Identification (OPID): This is a task that is yet to finish. We are responsible (in the presence of God) for the salvation of our relations, townsmen/women and other people in our environment who have not known Jesus. As Jesus the Lord went to His homeland and preached the gospel to them (Luke 4:16-19) (I did the same thing 39 years ago and established the church in my hometown), you also must be concerned about your relations that are still unsaved. He who cannot introduce Christ to others has never known Him at all – consider this. I appreciate those who have shown concern in this regard. You also have the responsibility to join them. Don’t sit on the fence. God will bless you as you get involved. Give your money for the task. You cannot regret you did. You may donate land in your hometown and by God’s grace we shall build a church there.
- VISION TO THE NATIONS:
“And the Good News about the Kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, so that all nations will hear it; and then the end will come” (Matt. 24:14 NLT).
I like to thank and appreciate those who demonstrated their concern for the spread of the gospel globally in the just concluded year. Your source of income will not run dry. I encourage you to do better this year. The reason for this is obvious: sinners increase in number every day, world news carry disasters, tragedies, civil unrest, insurgency, terrorism, kidnapping and the like. All these happenings are challenges to us. If the Prince of peace reigns all over the world, all the aforementioned catastrophes will not happen. The Almighty God and His Son Jesus Christ our Lord have saddled us with this responsibility which is the heart-beat of God who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth (I Tim 2:4 NKJV). It is a rare privilege for us to partner with God in this noble task. There are many ungodly religions springing up in the world. Some nations that were known as Christian nations are now under the control of Muslims. The Church must be awake to its responsibility on earth.
There are reasons why we should be concerned about this work in this New Era that still continues:
- Our name ‘MISSION’ calls for our action. You don’t sit down at home and do ‘MISSIONS’. We have to go out to places far and near. Our efforts in the past have been yielding results. I witnessed this when I visited Manila in Philippines and Sydney in Australia last year. Heaven is happy to see people coming in. The money we spent has been yielding result of souls.
- Our task is to depopulate the kingdom of hell and populate the Kingdom of heaven. It takes concerted efforts to fulfill this obligation; therefore, you need to get involved. And you will be blessed as you do this.
- Now that we run our GOF-TV 24/7 globally, this will facilitate our Vision To The Nations, but it is capital intensive, and we believe that with your generous donations, we shall sustain it. (GOFAMINT brethren in Nigeria (and other nations) are encouraged to give more generously to our monthly Missionary Fund) and the Lord will bless us as we do this, Amen (Phil 4:19).
- We exist to practically implement our Statement of Purpose to the letter. The first division of it is: “To preach the word of God and bring people into membership of God’s family” this is very demanding and I believe that the Lord of harvest will back us up as we face the task. With God, nothing shall be impossible. And according to our Lord’s words in Matthew 17:20, which reads: “if you have FAITH as a grain of mustard seed… nothing shall be impossible to you” (to us).
- Once again we encourage our Professionals to please make themselves available to be Tent-makers – To be Missionaries in other nations of the world (This is the method that many of our sister denominations do, this should not be a problem for GOFAMINT if we show more seriousness to the task). We live but once in this life, what we do for Christ has both immediate and eternal rewards. Let us put more efforts and God will bless us real good. Amen.
- As we continue in the season of the ‘NEW ERA’ and in this New Year, I encourage you to be very sincere in practicing all our Membership Covenants of: SERVICE, COMMITMENT, FAITHFULNESS, DEFENCE and RESPONSIBILITY, which we already subscribed to, and God will increase our blessings this year as we carefully observe these – Amen.
- Let us bear the following POINTS in mind: Jehovah Jireh is the SOURCE of our resources and the Provider of our needs, because:
- The silver and gold are His (Hag 2:9)
- We are ‘Now The Blessed of The Lord’ (Gen 26:29) according to the closing message of our 2014 International Annual Convention.
- We are now (by faith) operating under the season of “NO LACK IN GOFAMINT” (Ps 34:1) and “OPEN HEAVENS” (Matt 3:16) God will also open the windows of heaven for us when we are generously committed to His work (Mal 3:10).
- We shall sow and reap plenty in Jesus name, and
- We shall enjoy showers of blessing this year for both our personal and corporate projects as we spend and be spent for the spread of the GOSPEL in Jesus mighty name (Ezek 34:26).
Remain blessed in this ministry in Jesus name.
Minister: You or any other minister may now pray over the first and second programs before you move to the ANCHOR and FAITH DECLARATION.
- ANCHOR FOR THE YEAR 2015
As we crossed over from the passing year to another New Year, we all know that it is another journey. Each year has its own peculiarity. Threats and insecurity are all over the world. The just concluded year passed with the remembrance and presence of deadly diseases, coupled with terrorist’s attacks in most parts of the world. The hearts of people are fainted of what comes next. But for us Christians, we serve the God who is the Creator of heaven and earth. There seems not going to be any lasting peace in the world until the appearance of the Prince of Peace as formerly said, hence the need of an Anchor for the New Year.
The Anchor for the just concluded year was: “Surely the LORD God will help me. Who is he who will condemn me? Indeed they will all grow old like a garment; The moth will eat them up” (Isa 50:9 NKJV). I do believe that several of us who believed the Anchor for last year enjoyed divine help and defence. God will continue to be our help and Helper in times of need in Jesus name.
Our Anchor for this year is related to unshaken confidence in God’s presence and protection. It is what many of us are familiar with but the word of God is never too old, it is new every day.
The Anchor for this year says: “The Lord of host is with us; The God of Jacob is our refuge” (Ps 46:7).
Reading from verses 1-6 of Psalm 46; the Psalmist prayed (read the passage please). God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble (verse 1). Because God is our refuge and strength, we should therefore not fear whatever may be happening in the world, the mountains may shift from their places and be carried to the Sea which of course could be a horrible, scary, catastrophic, and devastating event, yet God’s people are not to fear. Why? According to our Anchor:
(1) Because The Lord of hosts is with us. The New Living Translation (NLT) succinctly puts it this way: “The LORD of Heaven’s Armies is here among us”; The prophet, Elisha, when confronted outside by Syrian troops, horses and chariots everywhere in the city to capture Elisha, his servant was terribly afraid and told Elisha: “Alas, my master! What shall we do? So he, Elisha, answered: “Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them “And Elisha prayed and said, “LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see, “Then the LORD opened the eyes of the young man and he saw and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha” (II Kings 6:15-17). So shall the Lord of hosts surround every GOFAMINT member with horses and chariots of fire this year and beyond in Jesus’ mighty name. Amen.
(2) Because The God of Jacob is our refuge. The New Living Translation (NLT) says: “The God of Israel is our fortress. A refuge is:
(i) shelter or protection from danger or distress
(ii) a place that provides shelter or protection
(iii) something to which one has a resort in difficulty.
- God will fight our battle and give us victory
- God will protect us from disease, accident, calamity and all the rest in Jesus name. This and much more is what our God is for us!
- Our God will help us in the time of trouble
- He will help us in the time of needs
- He will grant us protection in the time of insecurity
- God is with us to help, provide and shield us in time of trouble
- A fortress is: a fortified place, stronghold.
For You To Enjoy This Anchor, Heed These Suggestions:
- Believe you have a God who is your refuge and ready to help in trouble.
- As long as you fear the Lord and do His will, His angel encamps all around those who fear Him. And delivers them (Ps 34:7). This is our portion in Jesus name.
- Do not give room for ‘fear’. Fear is a killer in itself. Believe and trust your God (Gen. 15:1; Lk 12:7).
- Do not tempt God by exposing yourself to unnecessary danger.
- Believe the Lord of heaven’s armies is among us and He will keep us.
- Create time to read the whole chapter of Ps 46 as many times as you can and pray. God will save us no matter the situation.
- Keep your confidence in God, like the psalmist repeats this Anchor two times in the chapter namely (verses 7 & 11). The Lord of hosts is with us. The God of Jacob is our refuge (verse 7). The Lord of hosts is with us. The God of Jacob is our refuge (verse 11).
- Always keep in mind that you have a God whose name is Jehovah-Sabaoth, The Lord of hosts (Rom 9:29).
RECITATION OF THE ANCHOR IN ENGLISH
“The Lord of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our refuge. Amen” (Ps 46:7).
“Oluwa awon omo-ogun wa pelu wa; Olorun Jakobu li abo wa. Amin” (Ps 46:7)
“L’Eternel des armẻes est avec nous, Le Dieu de Jacob est pour nous une haute retraite” (Ps 46:7).
Minister: Close this division with any song, or hymn.
Before we move to the last segment of the message, listen to this special announcement: By God’s unfailing loving-kindness and grace, the 59th Anniversary and 50th International Annual Convention of our Church, The Gospel Faith Mission International (GOFAMINT) will hold from Monday, August 3 – Sunday August 9, 2015 at our Conference Centre, Alaka, Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria, West Africa. You are all invited to this epoch-making event of the year where God’s power is manifested in unprecedented ways – yokes are broken, needs are met, healings and miracles, salvation and genuine conversions are experienced. In short, it is a place we call “Solution Centre”. Our God has solution to all problems, come and see. Besides all these, the Convention this year is unique and special in the sense that it is our Golden Jubilee Convention, it will mark 50 years of our Annual Convention. You cannot afford to miss it. Make it a date. Save money for it either monthly or fortnightly to attend. Invite your friends and relations to attend, I promise by God’s almighty power, the POSSESOR OF HEAVEN AND EARTH, you will not regret you came. God bless you as you prepare for it. The Theme is: The Glorious Church (Eph. 5:27).
- FAITH DECLARATION FOR THE YEAR 2014
As usual, we come to the issue of ‘FAITH’ when we come to the matter of our Faith Declaration. Faith is an indispensable element if we want to soar above unbelievers and do what they cannot do. I want to once again remind you of what faith is: According to The Living Bible, “faith is, the assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us even though we cannot see it up ahead” (Heb 11:1). If we have faith, the Bible says: “…you shall declare a thing and it shall be established for you; And so light will shine on your ways” (Ps 22:28). The apostle James says: “Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit” (Jas 5:17,18).
As members of GOFAMINT, the word “FAITH” should be our “watch-word”, with it we can do the impossible. And we shall do the impossible in Jesus’ name.
- Last year our Faith Declaration was: “THE YEAR OF FULFILLMENT” and we shall continue to enjoy the fulfillment of God’s good promises in our lives in Jesus’ name.
We, the people of God, by faith declare this New Year 2015 the “YEAR OF MULTIPLE BLESSINGS” “The LORD will open to you His good treasure, the heavens, to give the rain to your land in its season, and to bless all the work of your hand. You shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow” (Deut 28:12).
YORUBA: “ODUN OPOLOPO IBUKUN” (Deut 28:12).
The people of God who are obedient to Him cannot be moved by the economic situation in the world because with God, there is no lack. During the time of a severe famine, God sent birds to carry food and gave to Elijah regularly, morning and evening. Even when the Brook Cherith from which Elijah drank water dried, God had already made another better provision for Elijah (I Kings 17:1-15). By the time the Israelites left Egypt even in a hurry, they came out with great possessions (Exd 12:35,36). The Prophet Elisha prophesied an overnight plenty in the midst of a very serious famine, and it happened overnight. Only the unbelieving “officer on whose hand the King leaned” saw it but could not benefit from it because of his lack of faith in God’s miraculous provision (II Kings 7:1-20). We shall enjoy God’s miraculous provision in the time of every need this year and beyond in Jesus’ majestic name.
By faith, we declare multiple blessings for us this year and we all shall be the beneficiaries of it in Jesus’ name.
As people of God all we need to do is to be obedient to every known will of God. We have God’s promise of blessing upon blessings for us.
- For example in Leviticus 26:5, God says: “Your threshing season will overlap with the grape harvest, and your grape harvest will overlap with the season of planting grain. You will eat your fill and live securely in your own land” (NLT). Can you echo Amen for that? Say a laudable AMEN in Jesus’ name.
- By God’s grace, you will enjoy overlapping blessing this year in Jesus’ name.
- The Psalmist in Psalms 23:5 says: “You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honour me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings” (NLT).
- Your cup will overflow with blessings this year in Jesus’ name.
- You will be honoured with special anointing this year in Jesus’ mighty name.
- Furthermore, the word of God says: “The time will come” says the LORD, when the grain and grapes will grow faster than they can be harvested. Then the terraced vineyards on the hills of Israel (GOFAMINT Churches) will drip with sweet wine!”(Amos 9:13 NLT) (Emphasis mine). I believe this year is the time – Amen.
- This year, your business shall expand more than you can handle alone. Remember Peter in Luke 5:5-8. I can still go on more and more but the above is enough for now.
This year’s Faith Declaration is all-embracing. Everybody needs one blessing or the other, so each of us should take it seriously, once you meet God’s requirement – Obedience and Faith, you are qualified.
This is our YEAR OF MULTIPLE BLESSINGS (Read Deut 28:1).
If you obey and do what the word of God says, the following blessings shall come upon you and overtake you:
- You will be blessed in your business.
- You will be blessed in your ministry.
- You will be blessed in your education and studies.
- Your going out will be a blessing.
- Your coming in will be a blessing.
- You will be blessed in your homeland.
- You will be blessed in the foreign land.
- You will be blessed and be a blessing to this generation.
- You will be blessed with overlapping blessings.
- You will be blessed with double promotion.
- The Lord will bless the work of your hand.
- You will be blessed with double increment this year at your work place.
- You will be preferred over and above your colleagues.
- This year, the cup of your blessing will be full and run over.
- The Lord will bless you with the blessing of victory over the flesh, enemy and failure.
- God will bless you in everything you lay your hands upon.
- The Lord will bless your hand with the blessing of economic buoyancy.
- You will eat and be satisfied.
- The Lord will bless you with the blessing of protection throughout this year and beyond.
- You will be above only, and not beneath, the head and not the tail.
- You will be blessed with what money can buy and with what money cannot buy.
- GOFAMINT Members shall be blessed with all the blessings of life.
- This year GOFAMINT will be blessed with spiritual, numerical, extensional and financial growth.
- This year will be better for us than last year.
- Our today will be better than our yesterday in all aspects of life.
- God will make us immune to any communicable diseases.
- We will finish all our projects individually and collectively.
- The barren will be blessed with children.
- The single’s spouse will locate him/her this year.
- Your destiny and kingdom helpers will locate you.
- Your legitimate expectation and desires shall be met.
- God will raise up kingdom helpers within and without for GOFAMINT this year and beyond.
Now that “You Are The Blessed of the Lord”, the blessings pronounced and much more will be your portion in Jesus Majestic name – Amen and Amen.- Shout halleluah and say, “I am Blessed” with multiple blessings in Jesus name.
How You Can Benefit From the Faith Declaration
- Believe that you are among those who will enjoy multiple blessings this year.
- Claim (by faith) that this year is the year of multiple blessings for you.
- Believe that you will enjoy overlapping blessings.
- Make sure you obey every known will of God from His word.
- Ensure that you have strong faith that will enable you benefit from this Faith Declaration, And it shall be well with you.
FAITH CONFESSION OF OUR DECLARATION
This is the year of MULTIPLE BLESSINGS IN GOFAMINT. We receive it with all confidence and faith in God who does the impossible. We are blessed with all the blessings of life, in our vocation and ministry. The doors of multiple and overlapping blessings are opened to us. Our going out and our coming in are full of blessings. We are ushered into the season of “NO LACK” The windows of heavens are opened for our multiple blessings. Our cups will run over. We are moving from good to better, from the valley to the hilltop and from obscurity to the limelight. We are the city set on a hill that cannot be hidden. We are people of destiny, to fulfill destiny. We are set to impact this generation, and we shall impact it. The Lord, the POSSESSOR OF HEAVEN AND EARTH is with us. We shall possess our possession. My today is better than my yesterday, so my tomorrow will be better than my today, this year will be better for me than my last year. I will reach my goal and destiny. I am blessed to be a blessing to this generation. GOFAMINT is moving higher for the glory of God, Now we are: THE BLESSED OF THE LORD and are highly favoured in Jesus’ mighty name.
- Thank God for the Anchor and Faith Declaration.
- Pray that both the Anchor and Faith Declaration will act in our favour and the glory of God.
- Pray for the leadership of GOFAMINT for wisdom and grace to lead the Church for God’s glory and salvation of humanity.
- Pray that all GOFAMINT plans, projects and dreams shall be actualized.
- Pray for peace, economic and political stability of the nation you live in and the world at large.
- Pray for the protection of our lives and property, journey mercies throughout the year and beyond, and that none of us will backslide.
- Pray for all those who are in authority, in other words, our national leaders to rule in the fear of the Lord.
- Pray that this year, the Gospel will have free access (through both T.V., Media and practical evangelism) those nations that are closed to it.
- Pray for all Church leaders all over the world to be awake to church responsibility in the world.
- Ask that the Blood of the Lord Jesus will grant us immunity to all communicable diseases.
I wish you a very happy and blessed New Year of MULTIPLE BLESSINGS.
Special Notice And Instruction:
You are held responsible to God and man to carry out this simple instruction for your own benefit and your congregation.
- Once in three months make sure you repeat this message on a Sunday that is convenient for you. (Four times in the year). Some parts may not be necessary to repeat after expiration.
- Once in a month lead your congregation to recite the Faith Confession. You may even include it in your Sunday service bulletin and remind them but it is necessary to recite it together once in a month.
- On the first Sunday of this year, tell your members to make a list of: “What I would like to do better his year than last year! You yourself need to do the same to help both of you to grow.
May the Lord increase your anointing on daily basis, to bind, to loose and to bless in JESUS’ MIGHTY NAME. AMEN.
I am yours in the Service of Jesus, our soon coming KING.
Pastor (Dr) E. O. Abina
General Overseer (GOFAMINT)
“HAPPY NEW YEAR” and Remain blessed as “the Blessed of The Lord” (Gen 26:29).