DAY 5: WEDNESDAY, 6TH JANUARY 2016
FOCUS: TURNING MY WEAK POINTS TO WINNING VIRTUES
Text: 2 Cor. 12: 9
Insight for effective Prayer
“Faith” cannot grow without trials. If our faith is to increase, then we must go through trials of life to get there. One’s faith CANNOT increase without problems, trials and hardships! When a person asks God for more faith, that person is asking for an increased burden. It is the increased burden that strengthens me to carry a heavier burden down the road. Unshakable faith comes from having your faith shaken.
“And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”
(2 Corinthians 12:9)
The problems in our lives are often blessings in disguise. We must learn to view them from this spiritual point of view. The greater the burden placed upon us, the greater the faith required to “hang-in-there.” It takes faith to continue living for God when things turn for the worse in our life.
As believers, we must learn to recognize the burdens upon us as blessings from the Lord. Nothing can happen in my life without God’s permission (God’s permissive will). Knowing this fact, we should trust upon the Lord and rely upon His wisdom and guidance. If we are to please God, we must have “faith” as Hebrews 11:6 teaches. We cannot please God without faith. To have more faith, we must have our faith shaken because unshakable faith comes from having our faith shaken! Do you want more faith? Then, God must cause you to suffer.
Make up your mind through these prayers that all the areas where you have a false trust in ourselves or in others will give way to a total trust in the Lord who out of our weaknesses makes us strong that no flesh should glory in His sight.(Heb 11:34, 1 Cor 1:26-29)
- Holy Ghost fire, revive my spiritual life, let your Holy Ghost fire transforms my life in the name of Jesus’ Christ
- I cancel every decision of darkness against my destiny in the name of Jesus, let my destiny be anointed afresh by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Holy Ghost fire, occupy every space in my life in the mighty name of Jesus Christ
- I receive the comforting anointing and power of the Holy Ghost, in the name of Jesus
- O Lord, arise in my spiritual life and let my enemies be scattered, in the name of Jesus
- Holy Ghost, make me the trumpet of Your power in the name of Jesus Christ
- O Lord, quicken me in the name of Jesus and renew my strength afresh.
- O Lord, let my priesthood be binding on earth and in heaven in the name of Jesus
- No power injuring my soul shall escape in the name of Jesus
- O Lord, let the anointing of the Holy fall upon me and break every yoke of the enemy in the name of Jesus Christ
- O Lord, fill me that I might bring forth healing virtue in the name of Jesus Christ
- Holy Ghost fire, quench every arrow and weapons of prayerlessness in my life and refresh my life day by day in the name of Jesus
- O Lord, let my life generate positive impact and miracle- power of the Almighty in Jesus Name.
- Let all my past disappointments be turned now to divine appointments in Jesus Name.
15.Pray that God will turn your threats to challenges and opportunities to climb to the higher ground of achievements in life and destiny. (Psalm 18:29, 33).
- Open to Gen 50:20 and use it to prophesy to yourself that every negative thing done against you by anyone will turn out to be for your good, and every satanic hurdle placed against your feet will become your steps to progress.
17.Further prophesy to yourself that your desert will be turned to oasis, and your land of captivity will become your location of excellence after the order of Daniel.
- Let the Lord strengthen my spiritual muscles through the present opposition I face in my bid to become exploit-doer and chaser of thousands. The anointing of God will avail for me to pray fervently in this season and bring God’s hand down upon my situations.
- O lord, let the ordinary shepherd rod in my hand be turned into the rod of God as you did in the lives of Moses and Aaron before Pharaoh.
- Declare as follows: ‘As I use the rod of God in my hands, let my Red sea of financial embarrassment, sickness, barrenness, spiritual attacks etc. give way to the land of opportunity, refreshment, prosperity and good health in Jesus Name.
PEOPLE OF DOMINION: OVERCOMING THE WORLD AND GROWING THE CHURCH
I John 2:12 – 14;Gen 1:27 – 29
Christian life is a multifaceted one. There are different departments which constitute the Christian life. There is that of holiness, that of faithfulness, fruitfulness, love, power service, fellowship etc. One of the very vital but often overlooked by many of us is the dominion.
Christian life is meant to be a life of dominion, it is true that Christian life is that of humility, but it is not timidity. In fact, when we humble ourselves it is meant for God to exalt us (I Peter 5:6). By living in dominion, we are merely occupying our position as the representatives of God on earth. God created the earth and handed it over to man to govern and subdue.
Though Adam and Eve lost their dominion to Satan when they sinned in the garden of Eden; Jesus came and reclaimed the kingdom and handed it over to man once again. By virtue of our faith in Jesus, we have been redeemed, restored and made kings and priests for God.
A major quality of people of dominion is their possession of power and authority. With this, they can do and undo. It is on this line of thought that the Bible says: “Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils and to cure, diseases”. (Luke 9:1)
If this Bible passage is anything to go by, then believer influence is unlimited. Power and authority combine!
Ordinarily, one may have power and not have authority and one may have authority and not power. A military person for instance with uniform and identity card without a gun has authority but not power. And a civilian with a gun but without military uniform and identification has power but without authority. In our case, it is the two combined. We have both the power and the authority.
Our authority is our placement in Christ as born again Christians (I John 5:5). While our power lies in the fullness of the Holy Spirit in our lives (Acts 1:8).
Points for discussion
- In your view and understanding of this topic, what does our dominion entails? Discuss.
- Being in dominion, are we supposed to be lacking or slacking in life? Discuss
- Explain further: what is life of spiritual authority without power and life of power without authority. And also, a life with the combination of the two.
- What are the qualities of believers living in dominion?
- In what way does our dominion affect the followings: our spiritual life, our ministerial life, our physical life, our material life?
LET US PRAY
- We receive the ability to climb up and claim the position of authority ordained for each of us in Jesus name.
- We command the change of our status from a victim to a victor in Jesus name.
- Luke 10:19, we receive power to tread upon serpents and scorpions and over all the powers of the enemy from today in Jesus name.
- We take our position in Christ and receive full authority for absolute dominion in Jesus name.
- Acts 28:5, Like Paul, we shake-off every evil beast cleaving to our bodies and throw them into fire in Jesus name.
- We take authority and full control over all the strange powers that have been taking advantage of our ignorance to cheat us.
- Open our eyes more to know our rights and position in you and to take a maximum advantage of it.
- We appreciate the life of dominion you ordained and purposed for us.
- Thank you dear Lord for making us your sons and daughters, not slaves.
- We pray and open our lives for fresh authority upon our lives, oh dear Lord.
- In the mighty name of Jesus, I receive the power and the authority in a new way to play my role effectively in the Church and in the kingdom.
- We command open doors for all members of our Church to places of honour and authority in Jesus name.
- By the power of the Holy Spirit, let our levels change for better in accordance with the power that works in us.
- We claim dominion in the spirit realm for every member of our Church in Jesus name.
- We claim dominion for each of us in the commercial world in Jesus name.
- We decree progress and dominion in the ministries of our ministers and Church in Jesus name.