VACANCY! VACANCY!! VACANCY!!!
THE GOSPEL FAITH MISSION INTERNATIONAL COMPREHENSIVE HIGH SCHOOL (GOFAMICHS)
ADDRESS: GOSPEL TOWN, IGBO OLOYIN ROAD, OJOO, U.I. P.O. BOX 20956, IBADAN.
THE SCHOOL: The Gospel Faith Mission International Comprehensive High School (GOFAMICHS), Ibadan is a government approved Secondary School, established to provide sound academic training and inculcate the fear of God in its products through sound Christian virtues.
THE POST: The post of Principal of the School is vacant. The Principal is the Head of Management of the school and he/she is responsible to the Board of Governors for the general administration of the school.
THE QUALIFICATIONS: Should hold degree in Education with not less than ten (10) years’ experience, a considerable number of which should be at Managerial level in reputable Secondary Schools.
A retired secondary school principal who has a track record of successfully managing secondary schools and whose age is not above sixty-five (65) years.
MODE OF APPLICATION: Should be in writing and be accompanied by a copy of recent Curriculum Vitae (CV). The CV should have names, contact and email addresses and phone numbers of three (3) referees, whose recommendations should be sent to the above address.
Applications are to reach “The Chairman, Board of Governors” at the above address on or before 6th of November 2015 and should be marked ‘PRINCIPAL’ at the right hand side of the envelope.
Applicants should be resident within South Western part of Nigeria.
Date of Interview: 21/11/2015
Time of Interview: 10:00am
Venue: The School Premises at the above address
Please note that only shortlisted will be contacted.
For any enquiry call: 08181669220; 08033522366; 08060597810
Pastor Femi Omowumi
GOFAMINT LAGOS DISTRICT HEADQUARTERS CATHEDRAL COMMISSIONING AND DEDICATION.
CHAPEL OF GLORY: 14, James Orugbo Street, Chevy-View Estate, Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria.
Message: The Glory Of The Latter House
Preacher: By Rev’d Felix Meduoye (General Overseer, Foursquare Gospel Church, Nigeria).
‘I have been very new in the committee of General 0verseers in the PFN (Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria), so I had to look for someone to be closed to, to help as a guide, Baba Abina (GOFAMINT General Overseer) has been that person for me. He is been there since the time of Baba Boyejo, so I just suck from his well of wisdom in leadership’ – Rev’d Felix Meduoye.
God is bigger than everythings HE created. ( Isaiah 66:1)
God’s house will be filled with HIS glory when God’s presence is there.
God’s Plan is to dwell among men. A case study of Adam and Eve.
The real Church are the people saved by God’s grace.
The mansion Jesus has gone to build is more than this, are you ready for the marriage supper of the lamb?
When Jesus Christ is outside of you, you’re out of God. Come to the Lord Jesus. Christ is ready to forgive you. This is the beginning of new life. Place your hands on chest where you are.
OFFICIAL INAUGURATION CEREMONY OF GOFAMINT IKOYI.
17, ALHAJI BASORUN STREET, OFF NORMAN WILLIAMS STR., KEFFI BUS STOP, IKOYI, LAGOS.
And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed [it] unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.(KJV)
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.(KJV)
And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.(KJV)
This church is the dream of the General Overseer, Pastor (Dr) E.O. Abina for a long time and today it is being realized.
People make event, event make history. You cannot quantify the impact this church is going to make in this environment.
Don’t turn Church to business venture or property or even manipulate things in the church because the church belongs to God. He only uses us to accomplish His vision and we shouldn’t think that the things done through us is by our power, He only work through us.
This assembly will not be the last here.
Jesus is building His church not social gathering or kingdom that is meant for this world. Kingdoms come and go, kings will come and go but they will never compete with Church because the Church will last forever.
The gate of hell will not prevail on this church.
TO GOD BE THE GLORY.
1. To God be the glory, great things he hath done!
So loved he the world that he gave us his Son,
who yielded his life an atonement for sin,
and opened the lifegate that all may go in.
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
let the earth hear his voice!
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
let the people rejoice!
O come to the Father through Jesus the Son,
and give him the glory, great things he hath done!
2. O perfect redemption, the purchase of blood,
to every believer the promise of God;
the vilest offender who truly believes,
that moment from Jesus a pardon receives.
3. Great things he hath taught us, great things he hath done,
and great our rejoicing thru Jesus the Son;
but purer, and higher, and greater will be
our wonder, our transport, when Jesus we see.
By the Deputy General Overseer, Pastor (Prof) S. Ewuola.
OFFICIAL 50th ANNIVERSARY OF GOFAMINT SALVATION ARMY
THE JOURNEY SO FAR
THE HISTORY OF THE GOSPEL FAITH MISSION INTERNATIONAL
SALVATION ARMY ROAD ASSEMBLY, IBADAN
The Gospel Faith Mission International, Salvation Army Road Assembly, Ibadan was established on 4th February 1963 under the auspices of the First General Overseer, Late Pastor R.A. George, the current General Overseer, Pastor (Dr) E.O. Abina and Pastor J.O. Martins who was otherwise regarded as “The Chairman” led the Team to Ibadan. When the Team got to Ibadan, they were hosted by a friend Mr. Gabriel A. Bamigboye of the Apostolic Church through Brother S.A. Adegbenro. From there the Team moved out in search for a place of worship; after which Brother J.O. Ogundele later joined the team.
After a while, Pastor R.A. George remembered a friend named Elder E.A. Komolafe (a member of C.A.C.) whom he had earlier discussed this issue with (i.e. a place of worship). Elder Komolafe later took them to many likely places including Ode-oolo, Itutaba, Yemetu, Inalende, Oke-Padi, Idikan, Salvation Army road, etc. They came across a corn mill store formerly used by the Apostolic Faith which they secured after a sum of money was paid.
They later found a better place of worship at Salvation Army Road. It was a complete building owned by a woman popularly known and addressed as “Mama Fausa” (her real name was unknown).
As church activities commenced, the number of converts increased and among them were Pastor N.D.R. Omojugbagbe and Late Pastor S.O. Shodeinde in 1963. Later the church relocated to NW4/8A Dosumu Lane. The church under the leadership of Late Pastor R.A. George began to grow and many more souls were added to the church.
The establishment of the church was sponsored by Pastor Martins of Gospel Mission, Lagos, when they were together and the name of the church then was Apostolic Faith Mission of South Africa before he (Pastor George) decamped to establish his own church. The name “Gospel Faith Mission” was carved out from the two names of the church.
Meanwhile, Pastor E.O. Abina, after spending 29 days in Ibadan with Pastor R.A. George departed to Lagos to resume his work as Pastor at Iwaya. However, he (Pastor E.O. Abina) visited Ibadan regularly to meet with Pastor R.A. George.
In August, 1980, the Ogunpa flood disaster affected the church and destroyed the functional public address (PA) System and other important interior decorations. Many repairs to restore the glory of the church was carried out and till date, the old church is still being cared for and used for Sunday School and other social activities.
Due to expansion and growth of the church as a result of aggressive evangelism, the First General Overseer and Founder, late Pastor R.A. George with the current General Overseer, Pastor (Dr) E.O. Abina, as visionary leaders deemed it fit to search for a larger place to house the congregation by securing plots of land very close to the current church.
On January 17, 1987, the foundation of the current church was laid by the Late General Overseer Pastor (Dr) R.A. George in association with the current General Overseer, Pastor (Dr) E.O. Abina, the EXCOM, Ministers and the brethren.
To the Glory of God, between April 15 and 18, 1993, the 30th Anniversary Thanksgiving Service and official dedication of the new church building took place and this was officiated by the current General Overseer, Pastor (Dr) E.O. Abina.
The church that started as a mustard seed in February, 1963 aggressively heralded the gospel through evangelism and thus gave birth to all the churches in the then Western Region and even spread to the Northern Areas, part of the East and further to Ghana and today we are grateful to God that the church of God is still waxing stronger everyday, hence the need for this golden anniversary celebrations we are witnessing today.
The church, GOFAMINT, Salvation Army Road Assembly conveys two (2) services comprising the English Youth Church and English/Yoruba speakers. Attendance in both services improved greatly as a result of evangelism and follow-up of new converts.
Pastor C.A. Gbemiro the current District Pastor was installed on February 10, 2008 while the current Resident Pastor, Pastor J.O. Adetoye got installed on November 4, 2007.
CHALLENGES SO FAR
Since the inception of the church in February, 1963, the church had experienced many challenges. The extension if the church would have been completed over the years but for the controversy that arose among the owners of the land which eventually stalled further extension of the church. The crisis took another nine years before it was finally settled and approval given by the family who later handed that portion to the management of the church. Series of challenges have bedeviled the church but the promise if God stands sure that “I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it”. Notable among the challenges faced by the church, of recent, (precisely in 2010) was the encroachment into the church premises by the Muslim Society and the erection of a pillar in the premises of the church indicating the extension and boundary of their land. The crisis was very tense that registered surveyors, the landowners and other stakeholders were called in to intervene. The fatherly role played by the Regional Pastor, (Pastor Joseph Kayode) in the mediation of the crisis is commendable. The church stood her ground with prayers and to the glory of God, the church overcame. This propelled the church to mount up a wall round the church including a gate to provide maximum security. All necessary approved documents were secured and kept by the church.
Lots of progress have so far been recorded since the inception of the church. This includes the current structural and extension capital project that is ongoing. The current District Pastor, Pastor C. A. Gbemiro in conjunction with other Ministers prayed and believed God for the extension of the church which had been unattended to for some period. The matter was brought before the congregation which wholeheartedly agreed and supported that the project should go on. In April 2010, a budget was launched. Ministers and the entire congregation vowed and made pledges towards this gigantic project. Lots of sacrifices were made and this gave birth to what we are witnessing today. The project gulped a lot of money; 90% of funds came through pledges made by brethren while the remaining was sourced through support from well-wishers. We also appreciate the support from the National Headquarters of this great Mission both in cash and kind. May God richly bless every contributor (Amen).
Others areas include the total rehabilitation of the entire church; construction/building of befitting ultra-modern toilet; landscaping of the church premises; construction/provision of sound-proof studio to accommodate all musical instruments. Establishment of GOFAMINT New Era Nursery/Primary School which commenced business in October, 2010. Purchase of church bus for evangelism and other social engagements among others.
PAST AND PRESENT DISTRICT OVERSEERS/ PASTORS
FROM INCEPTION TILL DATE
- Pastor S.O. Shodeinde (deceased) 1968 – 2008
- Pastor A.A. Johnson (deceased) 1989 – 1993
- Pastor J.A. Owatemi 1993 – 1998
- Pastor H.A.I. Oluwaseye 1998 – 2003
- Pastor S.O. Shoretire 2003 – 2008
- Pastor C.A. Gbemiro 2008 – Till date
PAST AND PRESENT PASTORS SINCE INCEPTION (1963 TILL DATE)
- Pastor (Dr) R.A. George (Deceased) 1963 – 1984
- Pastor S.O. Shodeinde (Deceased) 1968
- Pastor S.A. Olaniyan (Deceased) 1982 – 1983
- Pastor Tanimowo (Deceased) 1983 – 1984
- Pastor Bola Taiwo 1984 – 1985
- Pastor M.O. Olabanji 1985 – 1992
- Pastor Z.B. Ikugbayigbe (Deceased) 1992 – 1996
- Pastor T. A. Olabode 1996 – 2001
- Pastor S. O. Adusi 2001 – 2007
10. Pastor J. O. Adetoye 2007 – Till date
PAST OTHER MINISTERS
|1.Pastor N.D.R. Omojugbagbe||12.Pastor J.A. Ajayi (Deceased)|
|2.Elder D. Balogun||13.Pastor A.A. Johnson (Deceased)|
|3.Evang. T.A. Ajadi||14.Eld. Tunji Elegbede|
|4.Pastor J.K. Ogunjobi||15.Elder Fijabi|
|5.Pastor G.O. Alayande||16.Pastor R.T. Omotosho (Deceased)|
|6.Deacon Ola Familusi||17.Elder J.S. Ajigbokun (Pastor)|
|7.Elder M. Adebayo||18.Elder E.A. Odumbaku (Deceased)|
|8.Elder S. Taiwo (Pastor)||19.Deacon Gbade Adewale (Pastor)|
|9.Evang. Fidelis Kezie (Deceased)||20.Elder J.O. Olayokun (Pastor)|
|10.Elder Olorunda (Pastor)||21.Elder J.J. Obafemi|
|11.Elder C.T. Akintewe||22.Elder Fasugba (Deceased)|
|1.Pastor C. A. Gbemiro||– District Pastor/ Pastor in-charge|
|2.Pastor J. O. Adetoye||– Resident Pastor|
|3.Elder E. D. K. Orunbato||12.Elder T. A. Olanipekun|
|4.Elder M. A. Adejoorin||13.Elder J. A. Olasupo|
|5.Elder S. Afolabi||14.Elder Bolu Akinbayo|
|6.Evangelist J. O. Akinola||15.Elder S. Adeoye|
|7.Elder J. Adedayo||16.Deacon O. Durojaiye|
|8.Elder B. A. Ajayi||17.Deacon S. Gabriel|
|9.Elder G. O. Adekanmbi||18.Deacon P. Eseni|
|10.Elder M. Okesipe||19.Deacon D. Chukwu|
|11.Elder E. Daramola||20.Deacon S. Samuel|
For all that is happening here today, we give the glory to God. We also deeply express our gratitude to the General Overseer, Pastor (Dr) E.O. Abina and the EXCO. All and sundry that have made this event memorable, we appreciate you all. It is our prayer that GOFAMINT, Salvation Army Road Assembly will continue to march forward in all good things and at the end God will count everyone of us rapturable. Amen.
Long Live GOFAMINT! Long Live Region 2!! Long Live Salvation Army Assembly!!!
LANDMARK/MEMORABLE EVENTS OF GOFAMINT (SAR ASS.) IBADAN
- In 1965, Late Pastor (Dr) R.A. George established an evening Bible School at Salvation Army Road Church.
- In 1967, Gospel Faith Mission was registered to be incorporated in Nigeria.
- The 4th Annual Convention of the Gospel Faith Mission Inc. was held in Ibadan at Arena Shodipo Street in November 1968.
- Pastor S.O. Shodeinde was ordained as the Pastor-in-charge of Salvation Army Road Church in 1968 during the 4th Annual Convention held at Ibadan.
- During the period under review, Pastor A.A. Johnson, Evang. T.A. Ajadi and Elder Tunji Elegbede were ordained as Ministers. Pastor Johnson was later appointed as Workers Leader while Pastor Omotosho was appointed as Choirmaster and Elder Akintewe as the Asst. Choirmaster respectively.
- Between 1969/70, Evang. Ajadi was chosen to lead the instrumentalists while Pastor Alayande was appointed as Sunday School General Superintendent.
- Between 1963/70, Late General Overseer, Pastor (Dr) R.A. George from Salvation Army Ibadan led the evangelism crew to Okitipupa and to the eastern part of the country and later to Ghana.
- In 1972, the Gospel Faith Mission 8th Annual Convention was held at Ibadan at the church auditorium
- On August 30, 1980, Ogunpa flood disaster hit Ibadan and this equally affected the installation service of Sunday School workers.
- In 1985, a crisis arose as a result of establishment of Springs of Salvation Church by Pastor D.O. Akinremi, a former member of GFM Executives. The church stood her ground and the gates of hell did not prevail against her.
- On January 17, 1987, the foundation of the new church building (SAR Ass) was laid by Late Pastor (Dr) R. A. George.
- On November 9, 1987, the Late General Overseer, Pastor (Dr) R.A. George passed into glory and was buried on December 19, 1987.
- On 31st December 1988, the new auditorium (where we currently worship) was formally opened for use by the current General Overseer, Pastor (Dr) E.O. Abina with a message titled: “4 things that a wise man should ask himself” (Psa. 90:12)- (a) Where do I come from? Gen. 1:27; (b) Why am I here? Gen 1:16-17; (c) What am I doing here? Rom 3:20; and (d) Where am I going to? John 5:24.
- In January 1989, special service was held under the leadership of the current General Overseer, Pastor (Dr) E.O. Abina.
- On April 15-18, 1993, the 30th Anniversary Thanksgiving Service and Official Dedication of the new Church Building was held and officiated by the current General Overseer Pastor (Dr) E. O. Abina.
- In 1993, 14 members of Salvation Army Road Assembly Choir and 4 workers enrolled for a year course at the former Gospel Bible College, Ibadan Extension at Salvation Army Road Assembly Conference Office.
- Pastor S.O. Shodeinde, the first ordained Pastor of Salvation Army Road Assembly passed into glory in March 2008 and was buried on 23rd May, 2008.
- On Sunday 7th March 2010, the current General Overseer, Pastor (Dr) E.O. Abina paid a working visit to the District Headquarters, Salvation Army Road Ibadan in the company of Matron F.O. Abina together with some senior Ministers. The visit was a memorable one. The General Overseer inspected all the on-going projects in the Church. He prayed for all and sundry during his visit.
- On Friday 20th January 2012, the deck attached to the main Church building was constructed. The District Pastor, Pastor C.A. Gbemiro, the Resident Pastor, Pastor J.O. Adetoye, all the Ministers together with all the members of the church witnessed this great occasion. This event led to the extension of the Church that had long been abandoned.