Day 9: Thursday, January 10th 2019
Focus: Promoting Revival in our Families and the Church
Text: Ps. 85:1; 2 Chr. 7:14; 29: 1-24; I Kgs. 9:1-9; 2 Chr. 6:37-39
INSIGHT FOR EFFECTIVE AND FERVENT PRAYER
If there is anything so needed in the Christian families and the Church today; is the need for revival. To be revived means that one has had life but now on the decline, dying, inactive, unattractive, or failing; that must be renewed, restored, rejuvenated, recovered, or reinforced. When revival is lacking, the evidence in the life of God’s people is highly conspicuous and the impact on the work of God is consequently terrible (James 4:1-12).
A genuine revival is like breaking up the fallow ground as Hosea 10:12 says; “Break up your fallow ground; for it is time to seek the Lord, till he come and rain righteousness upon you”. Fallow ground is ground which had once been tilled, but which now lies waste, and needs to be broken up afresh, before it can now receive grain. To break up the fallow ground, is to prepare your mind to bring forth godly fruits and live a life pleasing to God.
Therefore, it is right for God’s people to pray that He will revive them, both individual families and the Church at large. Salvation and spiritual life are dependent upon God imparting to us His mercy, forgiveness, power, life-giving Spirit and fervent desire to do His will (John 3:16, 1 Cor. 15:10, Phil 2:13, 1 Tim 1:15-16). When we are at low point spiritually, not experiencing spiritual blessings as God intended, then we should honestly confess our inner poverty and pray that God will revive us again.
In order for God’s people to experience revival and renewal, four things are indispensable:
- Wholesome Confession of sins. We must recognize those areas of our lives where we have departed from God’s will and word and must confess them ( 2 Chr. 29:5-7, Ps 51:3, Matt 5:24).
- Cleansing the house of the Lord (2 Chr. 29:18, Eph. 2:21-22, 1 Tim 3:15, 2 Cor. 6:16). Whatever in the Church’s doctrine, worship, family-life and personal lifestyle that clearly offends the will of God as revealed in the Bible; must be removed. Likewise, the individual believer, as the temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor. 6:19) must be cleansed from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).
- Covenant Renewal (2 Chr. 29:10-11). We must renew our dedication to God, His kingdom, and His righteous cause on earth; with a sincere desire to turn from all appearance of evils and resist sin.
- Connect Christ’s Blood sacrifice for atonement (2 Chr. 29:20-24). We must appropriate by faith, the blood of atonement of Jesus Christ, who suffered on the cross to save and sanctify His people (Heb. 9:11-14)
LET US PRAY
- Pray the prayer of the psalmist: “Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: and see if there be any wicked way in me and lead me in the way everlasting” (Ps. 139:23-24).
- In humility let’s go before the Lord on our knees, pleading for mercy and forgiveness of our sin. Please be specific; and cry out, “Lord, show me thy mercy and grant me thy salvation”.
- Merciful Father, take away all your wraths from us and turn away thy fierce anger against us, turn to us again, O Lord, be merciful unto us!
- Let’s plead the blood of Jesus for total cleansing of our life, home and the Church from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9)
- Again, we go before God for rededication of our lives to Him, His kingdom, and His righteous cause on earth. Let’s genuinely pledge to turn from evils.
- Revive me, O Lord, that I may rejoice again, that my life, family and the Church at large may experience your all-round fulfillment in Jesus’ name.
- Declare prophetically: “In the name of the Lord, I shall not turn back to folly, I shall not be deceived nor deceive myself; doing contrary to the will of God.
- Lord, cause your truth to spring out of my life continually and let your truth prevail in all aspects of the Church services and managements, in Jesus’ name.
- Lord, grant unto me that which is good in your sight and make my life and family to yield their increase in Jesus’ name
- Lord, revive your work in GOFAMINT, in the midst of the years, make known your power and glory and in wrath, remember mercy, in Jesus’ name.
- Lord, be favourable unto me, my family and your Church and bring back our captivities (restore our fortunes) in the name of Jesus.
- I prophesy to all the dry bones of my life, family and GOFAMINT, “O dry bones hear the Word of the Lord, ‘Surely, breath shall enter into you and you shall live’” in Jesus’ name.
- Any aspect of my life, home and GOFAMINT that has been defaced, shattered and scattered through whichever means, I prophesy to you, ‘be gathered together’ in Jesus’ name.
- I prophesy, “O breath of breakthrough and uncommon success; breathe on my efforts, ideas, certificates, business, etc. and make me stand out in Jesus’ name”.
- There is a hope for my life (family, business and ministry) though cut down by the wickedness of men; sometimes due to my ignorance; but in the name of the Lord, as I make contact with the reviving power of the Holy Spirit today, I sprout again and shoot forth and become mighty and great in my generation in Jesus’ name.
- Lord, out of the ruins of GOFAMINT shall come forth mighty armies, great achievers, world class professionals and uncommon success stories, all to your glory in Jesus’ name.