DAY 30: THURSDAY, 31ST JANUARY 2019
FOCUS: GRATITUDE: OUR MASTER-KEY TO GREATER BLESSINGS
Text: Psalm 95:1-7
INSIGHT FOR EFFECTIVE AND FERVENT PRAYER
If we may ask what offense can one commit against God that He will not over look? It is the sin of ingratitude!
Gratitude is one of the greatest virtues that a person can display to the pleasure of God and other fellow men. It is the attitude by which we express our appreciation to our beneficiaries, especially God.
Unfortunately, many people have thrown away this glorious virtue. Instead of appreciating what God has done, they are pre-occupied with the anxiety of their needs.
People in this category were regarded as animals by God. “when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened… Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves” (Rom 1:21-24)
Things that God has done for us individually and collectively are unquantifiable. Moreover, when we became His sons and daughters, the blessings of God came upon us in a greater dimension. They are so much like the sand of the sea and the stars of heaven.
Due to the ignorance in human heart, we only focus on few needs, challenges and inadequacies of our lives, ignoring the numerous provisions and endowments.
Let us examine the following scenarios: someone who compares him/herself with another person that appears to be more pretty or handsome than he or she. Not knowing that the so-called facial beauty is not more than the face-value. It is only a skin deep. It doesn’t go beyond the skin. It doesn’t affect the flesh, the blood or the hearts which are the essence of human life. Funny enough, the so-called beautiful person may be rude, mannerless or devilish. No wonder the Bible says, “Beauty is deceitful…” instead of comparing yourself with the so-called beautiful person around you, why don’t you compare yourself with a handicapped person. Someone who could not see. He doesn’t know the difference between white and black, yellow and red. A deaf person who has not heard a single sound all his life. He doesn’t know what a melodious song is.
A deaf and dumb person, who has spoken a word in his life, except by sign and body language. A cripple who cannot stand up, walk, run or dance with his legs.
Also, if you are thinking of those who are richer than you, then, you also need to think about those who live all their lives in sickness; the sickle-cellars, high bloods pressure patients, H.I.V patients(Not all H.I.V patients were infected through immorality).They are not to be judged. You need to be grateful for your health; you need to think of your existence, your abilities, gifts, talents and the good people around you. More importantly, your relationship with Christ, as well as your temporal and eternal inheritance in him.
For good thirty days of this first month of the year, we have been pouring out our minds to him in prayers. For the remaining eleven months and beyond, we shall be experiencing showers of abundant blessings.
Why should we not be grateful to God for the unquantifiable blessings he showers on us on daily basis.
Don’t forget, an ungrateful person is of a reprobate mind. He or she belongs to the category of an animal or insane person.
- What shall I render 3ce to you oh Lord, I will praise you oh Lord, I shout Halleluiah what shall I render to you oh Lord.
- Sing a song of praise on your own to show your gratitude to God.
- Forgive me oh Lord, for any act of ingratitude, being demonstrated by me until now.
- Create in me oh Lord a grateful heart by which I will always be conscious of your goodness in my life.
- Thank you for accepting me as your child and into fellowship with yourself.
- Thank you father for changing us from our sinfulness state to sainthood.
- Thank you for changing us from darkness to the marvelous light of your dear son.
- Thank you for the existence of each of us in life and our presence in your Church.
- Thank you for the gift of life, the gift of health and the promise of eternal life.
- Thank you Lord, for all spiritual blessings in the heavenly places that are available for us.
- Thank you Lord for miracles upon miracles you wrought in our individual lives in this Church over the years.
- Thank you for opening the door of the throne of grace to us for accessibility.
- Thank you Lord for changing and moulding our lives from what we were before and what we have become today.
- Thank you lord for the lives of all our ministers, what you have made them to become and what you have used them to accomplish.
- Thank you for signs and wonders and extra-ordinary miracles you have done time without numbers, in our Churches.
- Thank you father, for the success of this year’s victory month prayer exercise.
- Thank you because our names are therein the book of remembrance.
- Thank you Lord, because we shall not recover from the fullness of your blessing throughout the year and beyond.
- Thank you Lord for our leaders; the visioneers of this programme; victory month.
- Thank you for the Victory Month Committee members you used to prepare the prayers; bless each of them.
- Thank you for each of the ministers whom you used to lead the prayers on daily basis. Bless them in return.