Day 29: Wednesday 30th January 2019
FOCUS: LORD, HELP ME TO STAND COMPLETE IN ALL YOUR WILL TO THE END
TEXT: II TIMOTHY 4: 17-18
INSIGHT FOR EFFECTIVE AND FERVENT PRAYERS
The end of a thing is better than the beginning, says the Bible. Starting the Christian life is a good and great thing, finishing well is another thing entirely. Every serious Christian must be concerned about the future than the present. God did not save primarily and purposely for the temporal benefits, but for our eternal glorious home. The best favour that a believer can do to himself is to give priority to the life hereafter. “What shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?” Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? (Matt.16:26)
When one becomes a Christian, he stands to obtain good and purposeful life from Jesus; but the best life is reserved in heaven for us. If a man dies and he is raised from the dead, he would still die again. A sick person who is healed of his sickness may still fall sick again. A rich person would die and leave the riches behind one day!
Whatever development and social amenities in our communities, they cannot in any way be compared with the glorious home and city being prepared in heaven for us. We must come to full realization and conclusion that heaven is our permanent place of abode.
Paul, through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit rightly admonished us: “ if you have risen up with Christ, seek ye those things that are above” (Col. 3:1).
It is not everything on earth that is sinful, many things are legitimate, but all of them are temporal. No earthly things will remain with us forever. The builders of many of the houses being admired, died when they least expected.
Hear the wise words of Jesus: “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal” (Matt. 6:19-20).
What to do and what not
- Live for Jesus every day. Although we don’t know when exactly Jesus will come; we are expected to live as if he would come today, but plan our lives as though he would not come, many years ahead.
- Do not be entangled with sins and cares of this world (Heb.12-1).
- Serve God with your God-given resources such as time, money, energy and endowments. (Rom 12: 1-2)
Let Us Pray
- Thank you Lord for the good foundation of faith you gave us in Christ Jesus.
- Thank you also, for the legacy of eternal home you prepared for us.
- Help me, Lord, to be a faithful and loyal child of yours.
- Help me to live my life in consonance with the kingdom life-style in Jesus’ name.
- Like Jesus, help me to live a life that pleases you, all the days of my life.
- I request and receive, the power of victory over all temptations that may derail my Christian life in Jesus’ name
- I receive sufficient grace; needed to run my Christian race to the end in Jesus’ name.
- I rebuke and bind the spirit of backsliding; it will not have power over me in Jesus’ name.
- Every plan from the kingdom of darkness against my Christian life; you are arrested and paralyzed in Jesus’ name.
- Help me to watch and pray; so as not to fall into temptation in Jesus’ name
- Help me Lord, to focus on Jesus and my eternal home.
- Help me to lay my treasures in heaven, Oh Lord.
- Help me to discover your total will for my life and to fulfill it.
- All that you ordained for me to do in life, help me to do them. Let no other person take my place.
- All the souls you want me to win to your kingdom, empower me to win them all.
- Help me Lord, to walk with you and work for you faithfully in Jesus’ name.
- Search me Lord, and see if there be any waywardness in me; get rid of them in Jesus’ name.
- Remove anything in my life that may disqualify me from rapture and eternal life Oh, Lord.
- Let water of your word and the blood, wash and make me clean Oh, dear Father
- Remove all stumbling blocks and spirit of error from my way Oh dear father
- Let me not leave until I finish my God-given asssignments in life and let me not stay longer than you purposed for me on earth.