Day 7: TUESDAY, 8TH JANUARY 2019
FOCUS: LORD, HELP ME TO PAY THE PRICE TO ENJOY THE BLESSINGS OF OBEDIENCE
TEXT: John 14:15, 21, Job 36:11, Deut. 28:1-15.
INSIGHT FOR EFFECTIVE AND FERVENT PRAYERS
God desires to bless His children but those blessings are predicated on one thing: obedience God will not violate His spiritual principle. God’s blessings are tied to obedience as we can clearly see in Deuteronomy 28. If you truly want God to bless you; then make obedience a non-negotiable part of your everyday life. Be radically obedient to the word of God and your life will overflow with blessings.
Today, the test of love for God is how much we obey what His word says (John 14:15,21). Without obedience, there is no confidence that God will do for you what you are asking Him to do. (John 15:7, 1John 3:20-22) According to His word, you cannot enjoy the blessings of God without obedience. Without obedience, you will lack the spiritual boldness on your part both stand before God to make a demand and to confront the devil. It is when your life is in line with God’s word and obeying Him on a daily basis, that the good things of God will be able to come to you in abundance. It is then 1Pet. 2:24 will be effective in your life on continual basis. So also, Philippians 4:19, will become a daily reality to you. Equally, Luke 6:38, will become a permanent part of your life. Indeed, all the promises of God’s word will become yours, as you obey the counsel of God in His word.
Painfully, there are some uninformed believers who call obedience bondage. No, obedience sets people free. Obedience liberates. Obedience gives you an arena in which to operate where there are no hindrances. But real bondage comes where there is disobedience. That is the arena of disobedience. But when there is complete obedience, there is no fear. There is no guilt. There is liberty, joy happiness, and blessings.
It is interesting to note that everyone is willing to eat the good of the land, but not everyone is willing to obey in all things. Whereas God said, “if ye be willing and obedience, ye shall eat the good of the land (Isa. 1:19). It has been rightly said, “if we are going to accomplish anything worthwhile in this life for God as Spirit-filled believers, one principle we must live by is obedience”.
Truly, if you love God and you are in complete obedience to His word – there is absolutely nothing that can stand in your way and hinder you from enjoying the blessings of God. Whatever we need from God will be simply received by believing and obeying Him. Get in line with God’s word and everything will work for you. Many people pray and fast to God for blessing, if only they would start obeying Him in all things, He would outpour His blessing on them without ceasing. We can enjoy the following:
- Long life and divine health (Deut. 32:46-47)
- Protection and prosperity (36:11).
- Gladness (Neh. 8:13-17)
- Great peace (Ps. 119:165).
- Answers to prayer
- The consciousness of His presence (John 14:21)
- Blessings of good things of life and of heaven (49:25). The above blessings we be ours if we do the following:
- Trust in God …”.put your trust in the Lord” (Ps. 4:5, Ps. 62:8, Ps. 5:11, Ps. 26:1, Isa. 12:2)
- Obey God (Job 36:11, Ps. 19:11). Obedience to God’s word is paramount to experiencing the blessing. Obeying God in all matters is an essential requirement for receiving God’s greatest blessings. Great blessings come as a result of our willingness to obey God both in small and big matters. When we choose to obey the Lord, He will bless us. This is because obedience always leads to blessing.
- Rid yourself of fear. Fear will keep you paralyzed, unable to make spirit-led decisions or respond in God-ordained ways (2Tim. 1:7).
- Live a life of pure and prevailing prayers (Job 16:17, Matt. 7:7, John 15:7). Prevailing prayer is militant and aggressive. It accepts nothing but yes as its answer and hits a defined target. It opens the floodgates of blessings.
- Lifestyle of generous giving to God, your Church, people of God, needy and for the spread of the gospel.
- Faithfulness in preaching the gospel of Christ. If we make the preaching of the gospel our primary concern, our prayers will become His primary concern.
LET US PRAY
- Heavenly Father, help me to make obedience a non-negotiable part of my everyday life.
- O Lord, enable me to be radically obedient to the word of God so that my life will over flow with blessings.
- O Lord, baptize me with the Spirit that obey you in all things so that I can enjoy your blessings without ceasing.
- O Lord, as I walk in obedience to you in all things, let me enjoy your healing in all areas of my life and family.
- O Lord, make Philippians 4:19 a daily reality in my life and family. Let me enjoy your unfinishable supply of your divine provision in my life and family.
- Lord, let me enjoy the freedom that obeying your word brings to life.
- O Lord, as I walk in total obedience to you, let me eat the good blessings of your kingdom.
- O Lord, remove any hindrance that wants to stand on my way from enjoying the blessings of God as I determine to obey you.
- O Lord, as I get in line with your word, let everything work for me in my life and family.
- Father, bless me with long life and divine health.
- O Lord, cause us to enjoy your divine protection and prosperity in my life and family.
- Heavenly Father, help me to enjoy your great peace and gladness.
- O Lord, help us to obey you in all things so that we can receive express answers to our prayers.
- Father, bless me with the good things of this life and the blessings of heaven.
- Special ministration for the day: As determined by the Pastor.
- Special intercession for the day: For our General Overseer for Divine Help, Divine Health, Divine Protection, Divine Preservation and Divine Wisdom to lead GOFAMINT into a greater height.