DAY 4: SATURDAY, 5TH JANUARY 2019
FOCUS: LORD, GRANT ME GRACE TO WALK IN OBEDIENCE TO YOUR WORD IN A GODLESS WORLD
TEXT: PROV: 16:7, DEUT. 10:12-13, DEUT. 11:13-18, DEUT. 6:3, DEUT. 30:15-16,20.
INSIGHT FOR EFFECTIVE AND FERVENT PRAYERS
Walking in obedience to God is the hallmark of genuine Christianity (Col. 3:22). Obedience to God in all things in this godless world is a sure evidence of a genuine salvation. Therefore, walking in obedience to the word of God is the daily responsibility of every genuine believer. In fact, Christian maturity is measured by our obedience to Christ. Equally, the level of our disobedience to His word shows the level of our immaturity and ungodliness. Any believer that is not walking in obedience to God constantly and consistently is either a false or fake believer. This assertion is in line with what Jesus said in John 15:14, “Ye are my friends if you do whatsoever I command you”. This simply means that it is in obeying Christ in all things that really shows that we belong to Him. It is only those who keep the commandments of Jesus that really love Him. (John 14:21). Do you really love Jesus? Are you faithfully obeying Him in every issue of life? Do you always do His will sincerely from your heart as enshrined in Ephesians 6:6? Do you do those things that are pleasing to Him? Is there any areas of your life wherein you are walking according to the system and customs of this age? Do you measure your life according to His word or according to the standard of this world?
Walking in obedience to the word of God is walking in a way that is pleasing to Him. It is avoiding any of the three ways of having fellowshipping with the world as revealed in Psalm 1:1. That is:
- Walking – casually or passing association with those who are out of touch with God.
- Standing – having a continued fellowship with a person consistently sinful in attitude and act.
- Sitting – being quite at home with the world.
Walking in obedience to God simply means:
- Lining up with God in His word.
- Living your life according to His will.
- Yielding to the Spirit and not to the flesh.
- Walking by faith. Heb. 11:6
- Doing whatever you do to the glory of God.
- Walking in integrity.
- Doing no unrighteousness.
- Living each and everyday in all His ways and will.
- Serving the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
- Being right in your choices and your thoughts.
- Hearing God’s word and acting accordingly.
- Submission to the will of God without questioning.
- Willingness and readiness to allow God to do what He wills with us.
- Not struggling or arguing with God, whenever He is having His way in our lives, contrary to expectations.
- Saying yes to God from the heart and doing His bidding, no matter how painful it may be.
- Not going beyond the word of God.
- Obeying God’s word from the heart and following Biblical revelation to detail without addition or subtraction.
Beloved, walking in obedience to the word of God can be compared to obeying traffic lights in our cities. “The Scriptures too have some red light that should control our lives as Christians. They are the prohibitions against envy, pride, hatred, lust, irreverence and selfishness. Likewise, as we move into the heavy traffic of daily living, we must quickly respond by obeying the “green” signals of kindness, humility, love, worship and purity. The signals of scripture are meant for our protection, correction and direction. Therefore, we should be as fearful as ignoring a command of the Lord as we are of running ahead of a red light”
Walking in obedience to the word of God makes you a sure candidate of His blessing. Obedience to God’s word is what will give you peace on the inside, in the midst of storm. Obedience will always bring you victory. (Deut. 26:6-8, 11:22-25). Walking in obedience is walking in success in all things (Deut. 28: 1-13, 29:9). Walking in obedience brings material prosperity (Lev. 26:3-5). Walking in obedience brings protection, direction and correction.
We cannot keep God’s commandments in by own power, by our own will. It is against our nature, we can only keep the law of God supernaturally, through, the power of the Holy Spirit. God must place it within our new man. Our being for natural ways are opposed to the way of God.
LET US PRAY
- O Lord, help and empower me to walk in obedience to your word in this godless world.
- O Lord, give me inner strength and grace to withstand all temptations from various quarters of this godless world.
- O Lord, help me to manifest the evidences of genuine salvation in my life journey.
- O Lord, I will not walk in the footsteps of the fake or false believers. O God, help me to constantly and consistently walk in obedience to your word.
- Heavenly Father, help me, strength and encourage me to faithfully obey you in every issue of life.
- O Lord, help me to always do those things that are pleasing unto you.
- Dear Father, grant me divine strength, so that I will not walk according to the system and customs of this age.
- Gracious Lord, help me to say yes to your word from my heart, in all things and do your bidding, no matter how painful it may be.
- O Lord, help me to obey God’s word, and follow every Biblical revelation to detail without addition or subtraction.
- O God, give me the willingness and readiness to allow you to do whatever you will in my life and family.
- Heavenly Father, grant me wisdom to interpret and obey your divine signals rightly, timely and completely.
- O Lord, help me to recognize and obey your divine signals, meant for my protection, direction and correction.
- O Lord, deliver me from any power within and without that will make me not to walk in obedience to your word.
- O Lord, deliver me from any personal weakness that may hinder me from obeying you in all things.
- Special ministration for the day: For those people experiencing uncommon delay and disappointment in any areas of their lives.
- Special intercession for the day: GOFAMINT Youths: power to obey God, the Church and their parents in all things.