DAY 21: TUESDAY 22ND JANUARY, 2019
FOCUS: LORD, LET YOUR PEACE REIGN IN NIGERIA; GIVE US OUR POLITICAL CYRUS
TEXT: EZRA 1:1-4; ISAIAH 62:1-4; PSALM 122:8
INSIGHT FOR EFFECTIVE AND FERVENT PRAYERS
No country can thrive in atmosphere of chaos, panic and pandemonia. Until our last enemy-death is eternally destroyed, the greatest of any mortal being is safety. Whenever there is instability within a definite territory of a nation, people are scared to invest their money on unprofitable ventures and foreign investors fell very uncomfortable.
The first role of Government of a nation is to ensure peace and stability within and among the citizenry. Upholding the rule of law and pursuing policies that guarantees good sense of belonging, equitable allocation of human and material resources, development of infrastructures in terms of good road networks, communication and cybernetics, religion tolerance, freedom of speech and association.
Nigeria is engulfed and in internal conflicts, tensions and all sorts of unwholesome practices because the Government has failed in all aspects of duties and responsibilities towards the citizenry. There are backdrop reactions in form of insurgencies, kidnappings, political thuggaries, lootings and unabating crimes
If there is anytime to cry for mercy and ask God for our own political cyrus; it is now!
- Let us appreciate God because of His divine agenda for Nigeria, which has defied all expectations of total collapse and civil strives.
- Appreciate Him for preserving His own people, who have not bowed to the endemic corruption and pollution of the present era.
- Thank Him for His mercy on Nigeria, despite the heinous crimes endless provocation, through the shedding of innocent blood.
- Thank Him for being our internal and external security, when the government has failed us.
- O Lord, we have no strength of our own, deliver Nigeria from all forms of internal and external aggressions.
- Heavenly father, let Nigeria know peace, bring rapid judgment upon all restrictions and impediments to peace (2 Timothy 3:9).
- Lord, give Nigeria a leader that will acknowledge and execute Yourprogrammes in year 2019 (Ezra 1:1-3).
- The heart of the king and queen belongs to You; touch the hearts of all perpetrators of evil and put a stop to all forms of insurgencies (II Timothy 2:26).
- Make 2019 the beginning of Golden Era in Nigeria, a year of divine restoration of good political leadership and unprecedented economic recovery.
- “War is continuation of peace, through another means”, Lord, raise up genuine intercessors for Nigeria, people with a pure heart and clean hands, who will never hold their peace, until Nigeria is restored (Isaiah 62:1-2).
- Expose and bring to judgement; all those who have taken an evil oath, to put Nigeria under perpetual demonic siege to suit their lustful purpose (Isaiah 47:7; 28:15 and 18).
- Nigeria borders are too porous, destructive weapons and contra band goods are smuggled in on daily basis; Lord, give our custom personnel a new heart and eagle eye to apprehend all perpetrators of evil, across the borders.
- Lord, you are the author of peace, let your peace reign in Nigeria.
- Give us our own Cyrus that will embark on re-distribution of income and dismantle unglorious structures that put the wealth of this nation in the hands of the priviledged few (Ezra 1:4).
- Lord, have your way in Nigeria.