DAY 13: SUNDAY 14TH JANUARY, 2018
FOCUS: WAR AGAINST PRINCIPAL BARRIERS TO THE MOVE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IN GOFAMINT
Texts: Acts 13:1-2, Acts 1: 7-8, Acts 4:33; 1 Cor. 2:4; Acts 5:12,6:7; Rom. 15:19
INSIGHTS FOR EFFECTIVE AND FERVENT PRAYERS: So many principal barriers, have been erected by the devil in an attempt to hinder us from moving in the Holy Ghost. Some of these barriers can appear innocently harmless, but they form greatest obstacles against the move of the Holy Ghost in our lives and ministries. Some easily noted barriers are (i) our experience, (ii) Our administrative prowess (iii) Our resource, (iv) Our wisdom etc. The trouble with these barriers is the tendency to lean on the arm of flesh to solve our problems rather than on the power of the Holy Spirit. Our Lord Jesus said, it is expedient for us, He was going away, in order to send the Holy Spirit thereafter (John 16:7-15), for He is the Church General Overseer.
There is no replacement to the move of the Holy Spirit in the Church. A Church without the presence of the Holy Spirit, will run dry. When the Holy Spirit is not present, flesh will take over, and ungodliness will be rampant among the brethren. The presence of the Holy Spirit put things into shape for the growth of the Church. In His absence, there are no signs and wonders.
By the hands of the Apostles were many signs and wonders done, simply because, they were filled with the Holy Spirit. In fact, it was said that the book of the ‘’Acts of the Apostles” should be actually called ‘’Acts of the Holy Spirit’’, for it was He, who was moving them to carry out those acts.
In their time, the gospel was spreading like wild fire and the Lord was adding to the Church daily; those that were being saved. (Acts 2:47). They received the fire in the upper room, and they went to every room, multiplying disciples. The unfortunate thing today is that men are wining and dining when souls are dying and perishing. Whereas we need to be preaching and praying. This is the reason why the Church in this generation is not growing as of old times, when the early Apostle agonized in the Holy Spirit (Acts 4:33). Every worker needs the Holy Spirit fire, just as every minister needs a new oil of the Holy Spirit, if we have to make our impact as the body of Christ – The New Testament Church!
LET US PRAY
- O Lord, give us new oil for effective ministry, in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Let there be outpouring of the spirit of power, upon us all o Lord, in the name of Jesus.
- Let there be manifestations of Your gifts, in our lives o Lord, in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Give us o Lord, the gifts of the Holy Spirit; to preach the Word with signs and wonders in the name of Jesus.
- We cannot do the work o Lord with our flesh equip us with special gifts of the Holy Spirit, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- O Lord, release power as of old, upon the Church now, in the name of Jesus.
- Let there be open heavens for the outflow of Your power among us o Lord, in the name of Jesus.
- As You worked with the Apostles of old, work with us again o Lord, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, let there be freshness of Your grace upon our leaders, in the name of Jesus.
- Make us the carrier of Your presence o Lord, in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Let there be a repeat of Pentecostal experience in our midst O Lord, in the name of Jesus.
- Use us o Lord, to do what You alone can do in the name of Jesus.
- Give us the gifts that will make us to fulfill the great commission in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Give us o Lord, a fresh zeal for Your works, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, take us back to the upper room, for the renewal of our anointing in the name of Jesus.
- We pray o Lord that, every worker will have the upper room experience in the name of Jesus.
- As the disciples multiplied greatly in Jerusalem in the days of the early Apostles, so, multiply us in GOFAMINT o Lord, in the name of Jesus.
- Visit Your Church with great power o Lord, that we may no longer be stagnant, in Jesus’ name.
- Give us more souls to win o Lord, day by day to increase Your Church in the name of Jesus.
- Give every worker an agonizing heart, for the perishing souls in the name of Jesus.
- Give every leader the heart that groans for the perishing souls, in the name of Jesus.
- As the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem in the time of old, so let disciples multiply in every Assembly of GOFAMINT O Lord in the name of Jesus.
- Rekindle the fire of revival in our churches O Lord, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the fire of evangelism continue to burn in our hearts, in the name of Jesus.